As our Talent Acquisition Specialist
, your top priority is to build the Traction team with empowered individuals who are intrinsically motivated to work together to find a better way to do…anything. You will live and breathe the essence of Traction's culture and build strong and trusted relationships with our candidates and Tractionites. You learn the ins and outs of our business and what it takes to be successful in every role. You are a full cycle recruiting dynamo able to recruit for technical and non-technical positions. Talking to people and making them feel at ease comes naturally to you, and helping others is how you get on with life. Above all, you are passionate about matching the right people with the right role on the right team. You recognize the value of a holistic approach to recruitment, seeing past the GPA and years of experience to understand candidates' underlying motivations and values. You hire people who would have fit in when we were using a ping pong table as a conference table.
We are not a normal "HR" team. We are a People, Culture and Happiness Team. Our scope goes beyond human resources to encompass everything that makes Traction a place where you walk in the front door fulfilled.
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here's what we mean by that:Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done."Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; equivalent experience considered
- Minimum of 2 years' recruiting experience working in technology focused recruiting/resourcing
- Entrepreneurial, passionate and driven by making an impact
- Demonstrated ability to create a plan and execute on it
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, active listener, empathic
- Familiarity with social media job boards and understand how to navigate them effectively
- Strong business acumen with a deep customer service commitment
- Outgoing, friendly, confident, innovative and resourceful
- Efficient, organized and tech savvy with the ability to think quickly on your feet
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll contact you for a phone interview.
- Source, evaluate, and coordinate potential candidates using our own system, job boards, social networking, industry events
- Get creative on ways we can leverage our employee brand to attract highly qualified candidates
- Develop a cohesive recruitment program incorporating the heart and soul of Traction into job descriptions, postings, social media and other external messaging
- Design and implement high value, high impact attraction strategies
- Develop and maintain a strong pipeline of qualified talent
- Interview prospective candidates via phone and in-person to assess culture fit and technical aptitude, then skill set and work history
- Write job profiles like a pro to attract candidates with raw intellect, learning agility, diversity, leadership and innovation
- Collaborate with managers to identify and target current skill needs
- Provide coaching for management on interview best practices
- Lead Traction as a culture ambassador.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology - salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world's largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Posted: February 13, 2018
Closes:March 16, 2018