Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We work with incredible companies and brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create compelling games, ranging from amazing original IP to the most played game on the planet (!!!), utilizing our own leading edge technology.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
As SGI’s ambitious and self-driven Talent Acquisition Manger, you are responsible for finding, recruiting, hiring, and retaining top talent and welcoming them into a fantastic team environment. You will work with the department leaders and our executive team to formulate and execute on a recruitment plan and employee retention plan to help set up Smoking Gun Interactive for continued success. You’re passionate and always on the lookout for new ways to attract top talent as well as keep our current team engaged.
At the moment, employees are free to choose to work in our beautiful office or remotely. Because of the nature of this position, it is also possible to work a hybrid role.
In this role, you will:
- Be the “face” of SGI, creating a fantastic first impression to all candidates;
- Lead members of the People & Culture team to continue building effective and inclusive hiring-based strategies;
- Become very familiarized with all departments and in turn, develop and execute on recruitment plans for each discipline;
- Own the creation of new job descriptions, keeping on top best practices in regards to inclusive language and analytics;
- Source and find candidates qualified for open positions (active and passive) using both time-tested approaches as well as “out of the box” thinking when required;
- Conduct screening calls and interviews, acting as SGI’s brand ambassador;
- Manage the interview and feedback processes with high degree of organization, and coach hiring managers on facilitating the process;
- Continuously look for ways to refine and improve SGI’s recruiting and hiring workflow with new hiring plans and strategies;
- Stay up to date on the competitive landscape and offer ideas to keep SGI in the industry forefront when it comes to finding, hiring, and retaining top talent;
- With the People & Culture team, plan and execute company-wide events that help engage and connect all employees;
- Make recommendations on best practices and analyze programs and data to identify trends to support management decisions around employee retention;
- Work with external recruitment agencies to source talent when needed.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 5+ years of proven recruiting experience;
- 2+ Experience in games industry, or equivalent experience recruiting for entertainment, tech, or creative media industries;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, relationship building, consulting, teamwork and leadership skills;
- Familiarity with a variety of different selection and evaluation methods (interviews, assignments, etc);
- Hands-on experience with active recruitment strategies and with posting jobs on social media and job boards;
- The ability to effectively manage numerous projects simultaneously;
- Strong recruiting best practices regarding tracking, communication, follow ups, negotiations, and hiring.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- General knowledge of human resources law, employment law and legislation, and experience facilitating international relocation;
- Proficiency in Office / Recruiting platforms.
It would also be great if you had:
- Admin-level experience with BambooHR, our HRIS;
- CPHR certification or equivalent;
- A love of all things gaming!
Smoking Gun Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Language primarily used: English
Wage range: $50-53/hour
June 22- August 21, 2022
Administrative Human Resources Information Technology