Overview ABOUT US
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference
starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high-quality service, and always having fun! We offer job-stable positions and lots of career advancement opportunities, including free training, security licensing, and promotion from within. If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a Tactical Mobile Security Officer to join our team! Become an integral part of the safety and security team and help coordinate the emergency response for Critical Infrastructure in the Province. This is a rare opportunity to gain experience working at one of the most sophisticated Security Alarm monitoring centers in North America and be part of a high-performing team.WHAT YOU WILL DO
In this role, you will be responsible for fulfilling all mobile aspects of a high-profile Security Program where you will swiftly respond to alarms, report security breaches and property damage, and direct unauthorized individuals to leave the premises. Your passion for a secure environment and an active lifestyle is what keeps you moving when patrolling inside and outside facilities, up and down stairs, and over uneven surfaces. Tactical Mobile Operations (TMO) is an elite team of tactically minded individuals whose main objective is the prevention and elimination of criminal activity in the Lower Mainland, Metro Vancouver, and beyond.RESPONSIBILITIES:
YOU ARE A GREAT FIT IF YOU:
- Conduct regular patrols and surveillance of all client facilities and provide access control as needed. Grant or deny access based on established protocol.
- Efficient alarm responses to client facilities within designated time frames. - Respond to accident calls and emergencies. Escalate problems that cannot be resolved by yourself. Report any issues, with full details to the Security Command Centre in a timely manner.
- Dispatch and work with first responders (Police/Fire/ Ambulance).
- Write thorough, detailed incident reports for security incidents or damaged properties that occur during shift.
- Build rapport with surrounding businesses to heighten the level of security.
- Provide preliminary technical analysis to help troubleshoot security systems.
- Maintain a good rapport with all Paladin employees and client staff, while being cognizant of the confidential information being handled as well as being vigilant to potential intruders.
- Handle all incidents in a professional and calm demeanor.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the client and Paladin personnel.
Pay Rate: $22/hr
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the security industry
- Have a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License and a clean driving abstract
- Can work overnight/graveyard shifts
- Can lead, plan, organize, delegate and problem-solve.
- Have Exceptional customer service, professionalism, and both verbal and written communication skills
- Have experience in handcuff training/use and self-defense. Advanced Security Training is preferred, but training will be provided to successful candidates.
- Have Occupational First Aid Level 2 certification but if not then training will be provided to the successful candidates.
- Have PSSP Certificate, but training will be provided to successful candidates.
- Have strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Can function effectively in a fast-paced and potentially stressful environment and prioritize based on the severity of the issue.
Prior security experience and a Class 5 driver's license are a must for this role. All the applications that do not meet these minimum requirements will NOT be considered
Additional Information / Benefits PALADIN OFFERS YOU:
- An active lifestyle: If sitting behind a desk doesn't appeal to you, you'll love the dynamic work environment that security can bring.
- Leading Corporate Culture: Paladin is a Canadian employee or choice because of the amazing people that work here!
- Career advancement: Whether you are gaining experience for law enforcement, looking for meaningful work as a student, or simply exploring a field you are passionate about, Paladin gives you the opportunity to advance your skills!
- Health Benefits & Perks: Full-time employees are eligible for great benefits, and all staff can enjoy exclusive Paladin discounts at your favorite retailers and service providers across Canada!
- And more...
Paladin Security is one of Canada's Best Employers. We have been awarded for our outstanding corporate culture, approach to management and our customer service. Join our winning team today!
We thank all candidates for their time, but only applications which meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
This job reports to the Supervisor
This is a As Needed
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1