IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Tableau Developer to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Analyze data based on various data source technologies; relational databases (MSSQL, Oracle), data lake, data marts, data warehouses, OLAP cubes, Excel and CSV files. Candidate must have the ability to work with the tools that access these data sources.
- Design, develop and maintain reports on Tableau desktop and server using best practices and standards.
- Experience conducting and participating in meetings with the Business owners, Product Owners and Product sponsors in order to understand their requirements.
- Documents report and dashboard needs, the critical success factors of business, related KPIs and measures in the dataset.
- Developing and whiteboarding ideas through wireframes and mock up visualizations.
- Experience developing effective dashboards and comparative reports. Helps users see the bigger picture at a single glance and includes the ability to drill down through the different dimension levels.
- Leads presentation of reports and dashboard systems to business team.
- Effectively uses debugging strategies and root cause analysis to resolve defects.
- Ability to help set expectations and deliverables, communicate progress and meets commitments.
- Produce documentation for products developed, design documents, user guides and data dictionaries. Provide workshops and presentations to increase the teams ability to use the products/reports effectively and perform their own ad hoc data reporting.
Top Skills Required
- A strong understanding of data integrations and extract/transform/load processes. Ability to develop processes that automate data flows from source systems into reporting data models.
- Hands-on experience with physical, relational and dimensional data modeling. Knowledge of metadata management and related tools. Knowledge of mathematical foundations and statistical analysis.
- Strong software testing skills, ability to document the test cases and automation of their execution. Tests reports for consistent formatting, terminology and data correctness. Publishes the reports on the Tableau server with scheduled data refreshes.
- Understands and adheres to a system development methodology where products are thoroughly tested, user accepted and deployed to a managed production environment.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.