Systems Operations Engineer
Reference ID: 266884000003263082
We're hiring a Systems Operations Engineer for our Client in Vancouver
• A University degree in Engineering, Applied Science, Computer Science, or Science from an accredited institution.
• 10+ years of relevant systems operations engineering experience.
• Proven ability to focus on the customer, to understand their needs, and to deliver results.
• Demonstrated experience with the development of Systems Operations concepts (requirements, traceability, design, hardware sizing, database performance, capacity management, system test, deployment and operations).
• Knowledge of current technologies and software security best practices.
• Possess strong interpersonal and negotiating skills, understand dependencies and stakeholder needs, and enjoy working extensively with customers, partners, sub-contractors, hardware and software vendors, IT, and project team members, building effective and lasting relationships.
• A team oriented approach to solving technical problems within budget and schedule constraints.
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communications.
• Experience and Education Technical Requirements - some combination of:
• Advanced knowledge in effective management of at least one commercial virtualization environment (i.e. VMware, Microsoft virtualization environment).
• Knowledge and experience in deploying, securing and configuring Windows environments (Active Directory, SMS, etc.) and Linux systems (SUSE/RedHat/CentOS/Ubuntu) for both physical and virtual environments.
• Proven experience with enterprise Linux, enterprise applications, multiple scripting languages, databases, configuration management, and any of Saltstack, Ansible, and Puppet configuration tools.
• Ideally will hold certification as one of GSEC, GCWN or GCUX (Covers OS area) as well as some combination of VMWare, MS virtualization, network or storage based certifications.
• Proven ability as a DevOps engineer, including automation and Continuous Integration; knowledge of High-Performance Computing, AWS, and system build automation processes and tools (Saltstack, Vagrant, etc.) is an asset.
• Specialty knowledge in reliability engineering, security, IT Infrastructure Library, software engineering, or electronics is an asset.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your updated resume in a word format.
Thank you for Applying
Posted: October 23, 2016
Closes:December 15, 2016