Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work - it's not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we've been named one of BC's Top 50 Employers
for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it's great to be part of the team:
Why our Kamloops office rocks
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
As a member of an Agile delivery team, the Systems Engineer acts as a senior technical resource in the area of application/service architecture, application design and delivery, translating business and technical requirements into enterprise system solutions by defining and developing technical solution architectures and functional/non-functional designs for Product Teams. The Systems Engineer partners with diverse stakeholders on delivering enterprise system solutions, including Product Owners, Enterprise Architects, business stakeholders, as well as a variety of technical and business subject matter experts.
The Systems Engineer collaborates with the coach and product owner to facilitate flow within the delivery teams by identifying and eliminating impediments and by helping team members communicate, cooperate and adopt processes to increase operational agility throughout the solution delivery lifecycle. Key Accountabilities:
• As a senior technical resource in the area of application/service architecture, application design and delivery, translates business requirements and provides technical and impact analysis to deliver complex enterprise system solutions; designs scalable and highly available applications at all layers of the architecture; and, utilizes industry-standard approaches and design patterns and a deep understanding of enterprise systems and their integrations points.
• Collaborates with the Business Analyst, Product Owner and Subject Matter Experts to define non-functional requirements to a sufficient level of detail to ensure applications are flexible, open, scalable, available, testable and maintainable within a high-volume, mission-critical production environment. Ensures the successful development, quality assurance, implementation, and ongoing support of the designed solution.
• As a senior technical persona, the role may take on Scrum Master accountabilities or technical leadership work. Collaborates with Product Owners, Project Managers and Product Team to ensure the successful development, quality assurance and transition of the enterprise systems solution through removing blocking issues experienced by technical teams, helping teams adapt to changing priorities and ensure solution delivery continues to drive maximum business value.
• Creates, documents and communicates technical solutions using agreed upon standard documentation processes.
• Proactively resolves complex issues and demonstrates innovative thinking by regularly making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution.
• May lead Proof of Concepts or Architectural Spikes as required.
• Collaborates with Enterprise Architecture and the wider Architecture Community of Excellence (COE) to provide significant input and recommendations on Architecture Strategy, Enterprise Domain Roadmaps, Principles, Standards, and Reference Architectures throughout the organization.
• Researches technology providers and emerging technology to provide advice and recommend solutions and opportunities to business and technology stakeholders. Participates in Development Community of Practice and/or COE's to ensure alignment with development trends, technology, and approaches.
• Ensures technical solutions are aligned with the overall Enterprise Architecture Principles, Strategy, Roadmaps, and that they are implemented in adherence with designs. Minimum Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
• University Degree, College Diploma in Information Technology supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
• 4-6 years' experience in Information Technology in a medium to large sized environments, including a minimum of three years' experience in a senior development role;
• Scrum Master, TOGAF, and other professional certifications would be an asset;
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered. Technical Requirements
• Software integration experience; experience in analysis, design, development and deployment of complex software solutions involving on-line transaction processing, client/server, web and native applications;
• Experience in delivering design and development in an Agile Environment;
• Experience in analysis, design, development and implementing systems using application integration architecture (e.g. Microservice and Service-Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Service Bus), technologies, principles, and standards;
• Vendor Management experience
• Experience in information management, data modeling, data analytics, database design and development;
• Exceptional organizational skills, written and oral communication skills including presentation skills and strong listening skills;
• Ability to interpret and translate ambiguous situations into structured and clearly defined deliverables;
• Team player with intermediate to expert skills in facilitating and encouraging team collaboration;
• Demonstrated experience with complex problem solving, analytical and innovative thinking with ability to adapt in a face paced environment with changing priorities;
• Strong computer skills - MS Office Suite, Jira and/or Kanban online boards would be a strong asset;
• Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
• Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset;
• Demonstrated team leadership skills including the ability to act as a change agent to champion continuous change and improvement. Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established. Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada