SSI CA is currently seeking to fill aSystems Architectposition in our IT department inVictoria, BC.
Due to our continued growth, SSI CA is currently seeking to fill a Systems Architect position in our IT department in Victoria, BC .This position will require the candidate to work in our office full-time in Victoria, BC to start. After the training period, the candidate will be able to work from home one day a week. This position is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to work with a high-performingIT team. The successful candidate will be part of a team of IT expertswho continually push the boundaries of the technologies and methodologies of effective information technology.
SSI is a global Software Company servicing the needs of the Off-shore and Marine industries all over the globe for over 30 years. We are proud to offer a fully inclusive culture and workplace welcoming ALL people with relevant skills and experience to our flat organizational structure, working with self-directed teams using Agile Principles as well as our own defined SSI Principles to guide us in our daily work.
- Provide expertise in design and stepped creation plans including customized solutions and defining the systems requirements.
- Communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Oversee operations and maintenance lifecycles from proof to end of life, including new solutions and systems upgrades.
- Install, configure, and test systems, peripheral equipment, and applications.
- Troubleshooting, LAN/WAN and connectivity issues.
- Ensuring the integrity of data storage and backup systems.
- Using security tools to protect the network from hackers, malware, and other threats.
- Anticipating problems and resolving them before they impact users when possible.
- Testing systems and reviewing application logs.
- Adding, removing, or updating user information like passwords or internal email addresses.
- Minimum 8 years of professional-related experience
- A demonstrated aptitude and interest in technology
- Ability to work within a team environment
- A demonstrated ability to problem-solve and follow directions effectively
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Willingness to learn new technology and procedures
- Possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the resolution of issues related to desktops, servers, applications or network systems in a Windows environment
- Proven experience supporting Windows-based environments/Microsoft Windows Server family
- Support experience in a Domain environment
- Support experience in Azure Services
- Functional knowledge of Network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
Beneficial to have:
- Experience working in a ticketing system with detailed note-taking skills
- Microsoft Office 365 support experience
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies Such as VMware
- Experience with Sophos, Dell, Unity, and networking equipment
- CCNA certification
- Customer service experience
- A university degree, diploma in computer science or related IT certificates
- Microsoft certification(s) MCSA or MCITP
- CISCO certifications(s)
Please note: The successful candidate must either be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident OR hold a valid Canadian Work Permit and be willing to work in the SSI office in Victoria, BC full-time.
About the Benefits
SSI offers a competitive compensation package that includes a full benefits package, competitive wages and profit-sharing, as well as education benefits and self-paced learning opportunities and the opportunity to work from home on a partial basis. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice - Apply to SSI today! Images Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Remote