Position Title Systems and Application Database Administrator Posting Number 00921SA Location New Westminster Campus Grade or Pay Level S - Pay Level 17 + Market Adjustment Salary Range $66,394 annually (with wage increments to a max of $75,256 annually). Salary and wage increments are in accordance with the Collective Agreement. Position Type Support Staff - Regular Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Staff Start Date 09/08/2020 End Date Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays Shift 8:30am - 4:30pm Work Arrangements
This regular, full-time (35 hours per week) position is available starting September 8, 2020. Regular hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Shift days and times may change depending on the Department's need.
Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required. The position is located at the New Westminster campus; however, successful candidate must be available for occasional work at the Coquitlam campus.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
To provide management, technical support and high availability for the College's enterprise applications, databases and data warehouses. To perform the role of an Application DBA for Enterprise Systems. Provides exceptional client-centered service on a consistent basis to all stakeholder groups.Responsibilities
1. Systems Database Administration
a. Installs, configures, patches and upgrades databases and related products.
b. Establishes and maintains Backup and Recovery procedures.
c. Implements and maintains database security (user access, roles and privileges) and Audit functions.
d. Plans for storage and capacity.
e. Monitors, tunes and optimizes the performance of databases.
f. Establishes, configures and maintains High Availability and Disaster Recovery
procedures for databases.
g. Implements required security policies to databases.
h. Liaises with vendor support for technical and project related issues.
2. Application Database Administration
a. Installs, configures, patches and upgrades enterprise applications.
b. Monitors and manages application jobs pertaining to applications.
c. Creates and updates database objects.
d. Writes database procedures and scripts where required.
e. Assists developers with database activities and tuning of database queries.
3. Other Database Related Duties
a. Provides management and support for Ministry and College data warehouses.
Actively involved in the design and creation of data stores and data cubes.
b. Creates and maintains ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) scripts for data
c. Provides and supports the integration between Enterprise databases and third party software.
4. Other Related Duties
a. Provides information, technical assistance and support to users.
b. Attends internal and external meetings.
c. Maintains and upgrades technical currency by attending courses and training
d. Delivers training to users and peers as needed.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
1. A Bachelor's Degree in Computing Science or equivalent IT program from a recognized post-secondary educational institution supplemented by a minimum of five years' relevant experience in database administration in an Oracle environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Good knowledge of applications in the organization and strong understanding of the business.
3. Experience with:
- Latest versions of Oracle RDBMS (12c and later), Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Weblogic
- Identity and Access Management Systems
- Oracle Database high availability Architectures
- Tomcat Administration
4. Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Operating Systems
- Physical Database Design
- Performance tuning at database and application level
- Backup and recovery scenarios
- Security management
- Computer system administration including good knowledge of UNIX , Linux and MS Windows server operating systems.
- Basic networking, including familiarity with TCP /IP, DNS , DHCP , VPN , SSL .
5. Good knowledge and thorough understanding of web technologies.
6. A demonstrated ability to:
- Provide strategic database direction for the organization;
- Work independently with minimal supervision;
- Work with others in a team environment;
- Establish priorities and achieve deadlines;
- Build trust and maintain professional image in all situations;
- Communicate effectively in person, on the phone and in writing with administrators, faculty, staff, development team and external vendors;
- Establish and maintain system-specific documentation and operational procedures.
7. Good working knowledge of the English language (verbal and written).
8. Proven record, including continual training, upgrading and/or certification, in Database Administration of an Oracle based system and of emerging technologies and tools.
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 08/26/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online.
Qualified internal applicants shall be given first consideration in filling this position. ALL INTERNAL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY SEPTEMBER 1, 2020.
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/6379
Administrative Operations and Logistics