Systems Analyst - Provider Experience, Enterprise Clinical Information Solutions, RDS
IMITs CST Cerner Operations
The Systems Analyst, Clinical Solutions reports to the Manager or designate in this professional level job that works with independence within a multi-site health care environment. The Systems Analyst develops and maintains complex new and existing clinical application systems which impact several functional areas throughout VPPL utilizing working knowledge of SQL, clinical information systems, electronic medical record (EMR) applications and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Project). The Analyst provides technical direction advice to help translate business needs into requirement technical specifications and provides systems support including technical and application troubleshooting, coordination of upgrades and enhancements, and the creation and maintenance of application documentation, including service level agreements and backup and disaster recovery plans. The Systems Analyst carries out analysis and documentation of business requirements for clinical applications, the evaluation of software features and functions, and the implementation, testing, deployment, documentation and support of application systems. Provides application support of all aspects of system development life cycle from planning, analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of a clinical system.What you'll do
What you bring
- Conduct feasibility studies for clinical applications through methods such as determining user and/or department requirements, performing feasibility/impact analysis and completing current and future state analysis, examining and identifying problems with existing systems and recommending modifications to and/or new systems.
- Develop specifications for complex clinical application systems by performing duties such as gathering detailed information from user departments and translating them into technical system requirements; analyzing requirements; developing and documenting system functionality/standard system operating procedures, designing forms, preparing flow charts, detailing hardware and software specifications, and preparing briefing notes and detailed implementation plans. Utilize formal data gathering techniques and analysis tools such as, business process flowcharts, data flow diagrams, project and steering dashboards, roles and responsibility matrix (RACI), and work effort estimates.
- Implement system changes and break fixes following IMITS change control processes and incident management processes. Perform maintenance activities on various clinical applications according to departmental standards by methods such as executing standard system operating procedures and making system changes based on the specifications developed.
- Assist with design/build system activities, and perform modification and enhancement tasks according to departmental standards and using tools such as Visual Studio, Powerhouse, Oracle Developer, PowerBuilder, and Crystal Reports and other query tools as well as MS office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Project), Crystal Reports, SQL and Service Desk Tools such as Service Now. Participate in implementation and go live/activation support on site.
- Measure and document system performance metrics, measures and projects transaction volumes and response times, and liaise with vendors and users in order to assist with the with analysis of system performance and the development of capacity plans for assigned clinical applications.
- Support system upgrades and implementations by performing tasks such as preparing all domains; implementing changes to all environments following the change control process; performing all components of testing (e.g. unit, functional, regression, user acceptance testing); performing other system tasks such as data conversion and extraction routines; logging and remediating issues; evaluating error reports; documentation of final results; and go live planning and support.
- Assemble, create and maintain information systems technical and operational documentation according to departmental standards and using tools such as the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Assist with the preparation of Requests for Information/Proposal, and the development of evaluation processes and tools, and evaluation of vendor responses by performing tasks such as participating in various working groups, gathering and documenting detailed application requirements, coordinating and documenting project team and vendor communications, preparing evaluation tools, and organizing and documenting product evaluation results.
- Provide input into disaster preparedness plans by participating in the development and maintenance of clinical application downtime procedures and downtime/disaster exercises. Assist with afterhours incidents as per needed and on call shifts as per the team's on call rotation.
- Provide system support to users by performing tasks such as troubleshooting system software problems, testing alternative solution, reviewing impact of implemented resolutions over time, and by developing a comprehensive understanding of the clinical application needs and business processes, and recommending optimum use of application software.
- Collaborate and represent IMITS to various stakeholders and technical groups by developing and maintaining relationships, attending meetings; assisting clients in identifying technical/system deficiencies and providing options/recommendations on technical solutions. Document service level agreements between IMITS and the clients for clinical applications.
- Provide training related to clinical application systems to other IMITS staff for first level and technical support by performing tasks such as developing training materials, conducting training sessions, and developing and maintaining reference materials.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the application/technical vendor. Liaise with vendors or third party services personnel to troubleshoot and remediate issues, collaborate with vendors on patches and releases and create detailed Service Requests documents. Review support calls related to clinical application systems, and suggest strategies to reduce support calls.
- Attend team meetings, participate in team discussions and projects, and actively participate in continuous quality and process improvement activities by reviewing job workflow, reporting system issues and errors, and providing input/feedback to the Manager/Team Lead such as identifying roadblocks and inefficiencies, and proposing possible solutions.
- Remain current with IMITS procedures and policy changes by participating in team meetings, reviewing current departmental policies and procedures, reviewing current literature and research, participating in vendor user groups, and attending relevant conferences and workshops. Receive appropriate training to participate in activation/go-live support for major upgrades and implementations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a recognized diploma or degree program in Computer Science or Health Information Science, plus three (3) years' recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- May be required to travel and/or participate in an on-call rotation.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Skills & Knowledge
What we bring
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
$44.87 / hour
1885 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6J 1Y5
Applications accepted until position is filled
Hours of Work:
0800-1600 (Monday to Friday)
160122EAs per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments' unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey-one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of February 19, 2024. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.