Surrey Police Service is bringing a new era of modern and progressive policing to Surrey. We're building a community-based police service that is responsive and accountable to residents and employees and founded in a strong culture of support and respect. Help us build a new community-focused police service that will support one of the fastest growing and most diverse cities in Canada.
Surrey Police Service (SPS) has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Analyst 2 to join our Support Services Bureau. Performing a critical role in the development and sustainment of our IT infrastructure, the successful candidate possesses a strong understanding of IT systems essential to maintain the integrity of enterprise systems and the data that resides on them. Focus areas include virtualization & provisioning, storage systems management, end-point management, audio visual solutions, and other infrastructure applications. In addition, our incumbent will work with business units, various IT teams, and vendors to maintain overall infrastructure health and deployments in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
Reporting to the IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager, the incumbent will:
• Respond to and resolve infrastructure-related issues, including hardware failures, network outages, and system errors.
• Provide support and guidance to IT teams and end-users to troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure-related problems.
• Participate in recommending, designing, testing, and implementing system upgrades and improvements.
• Plan, implement, and maintain systems software, installations, and upgrades in accordance with established IT standard operating procedures.
• Work closely with business units, IT staff, and vendors to implement new systems and/or resolves issues identified in existing systems or processes.
• Develop and maintain documentation, including user requirements, test plans, technical, and end user instructions and FAQs.
• Analyze data and metrics to identify bottlenecks, vulnerabilities, or areas for improvement.
• Monitor system health and optimize system performance through fine-tuning, capacity planning, and load balancing.
• Implement and enforce security measures and best practices to safeguard the organization's infrastructure from threats and vulnerabilities.
• Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
• Develop and implement maintenance procedures.
Our successful candidate will be highly organized and solutions-focused with an ability to think critically and efficiently. They will thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment with an ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with users, team members, and key stakeholders in supporting SPS’s IT infrastructure and strategic IT priorities.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field by a recognized educational institution supplemented by 2+ years work experience in a senior systems analyst position, preferably within a policing and/or public sector organization. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
*Experience with VMware, Microsoft SCCM, Azure, Cisco UCS, Netapp products, Active Directory (AD), Azure Active Directory (AAD) including administration of Group Policies, will be considered an asset.
This position is unionized and represented by CUPE Local 402. The hourly rate for this position is $44.81/hr to $50.78/hr, based on 2023 rates.
Interested applicants are asked to apply online to our Careers page by 4:00pm December 1, 2023. For updates on recruitment opportunities and other Surrey Police Service news, follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Thank you for your interest in working with SPS. We pride ourselves on hiring members that model the mission, vision, and values of SPS through unquestioned integrity and sustaining a visible, credible, inclusive, and respected profile.
#81 - Wealthsimple - Developing an Engineering Career in FinTech