MDA is a world leading provider of earth observation satellite ground systems focused on the acquisition, processing, archiving, and discovery of huge volumes of space-based imagery. Working in multidisciplinary and multi-level teams in an ever changing world, we deliver leading-edge technical, operational, and commercial solutions to commercial and government customers around the globe. Our mission critical systems provide the Earth Observation infrastructure that drives operational success and enables our customers to effectively utilize their space-based imagery. Building on 40 years of success in satellite earth observation leadership, we are seeking staff to define and deliver the next generation of large, complex earth observation satellite ground systems. Come be a part of the team bringing imagery from the next generation of satellite constellations to the screens of the world. Position Description:
We are looking for a bright and capable System Integrator to join our team. This will be an exciting opportunity to develop your knowledge and expertise with a wide variety of technologies and products. You will apply disciplined support processes, and work with and support integrated teams to build, deliver, and support versatile, robust, and high quality ground systems around the world. Successfully supporting our projects will involve broad technical skills, a customer service frame of mind, solid self-management skills, and the professional attitude required to work within large teams and across departments. Some travel may be required as you develop your skills.
As a System Integrator, you will have the opportunity to leverage your experience and support our projects over the entire system life-cycle, requirements, design, development, deployment and support. Your talents will be recognized and rewarded with opportunities for career and personal growth in an organization dedicated to success in a team environment. Your responsibilities will include:
- Build complete computer system environments as directed using defined procedures.
- Be responsible for the build and deployment of Linux and Windows based information and data processing systems in both physical and virtualized environments.
- Establish, automate, support, and trouble-shoot deployment of both development and production environments, including detailed troubleshooting of complex system interactions with the underlying IT environment.
- Act as the point of contact for project related computing support.
- Support team members in troubleshooting and repair of computing environment issues.
- Help define and support our development and deployment environments.
- Help define test and support capabilities.
- Maintain online documentation.
- Define and fix bugs and issues with procedures, software and hardware components.
- Help resolve issues with internal teams, and hardware and software vendors.
- Technology diploma/degree from an accredited institution or compelling experience for a system admin position.
- Evidence of continuing education relating to support tools for different environments.
- The ability to prioritize, track and manage issues to completion.
- The ability to define courses of action while keeping stakeholders informed.
- High capacity for learning new technologies.
- A team oriented approach to solving technical problems within budget and schedule constraints.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team oriented approach to solving technical problems within budget and schedule constraints.
- Working knowledge of desktop applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- some combination of:
- Knowledge and experience in configuring Microsoft Windows environments (Active Directory, SMS, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience in configuring Linux systems (SUSE/RedHat/CentOS/Ubuntu).
- Experience troubleshooting LANs, client-server systems, firewalls, routers.
- Some scripting knowledge (Python, bash).
- Helpful to have DevOps experience (integrated ops, Saltstack/Ansible/Puppet tools, etc.).
- Helpful to have experience in configuring and supporting databases, such as Oracle, MySQL, Postgres.
- Some knowledge of software configuration management tools (Git, ClearCase, Subversion, etc.).
- Certifications in RedHat, VMWare, and Security would be an asset.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
For candidates with less than two years of work experience, please include a transcript of your grades with your application.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.