System Capacity Planner
Salary: $66,200 – $75,600
Location: Vancouver, BC
Industry: Information Technology
One of the largest retail distributors in BC is looking for an System Capacity Planner to join a rapidly growing IT division. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and implement capacity management and planning processes in an enterprise level organization.
To apply online, please send a Microsoft Word version of your resume to www.impactrecruitment.ca
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Paul at [email protected] or 604.689.8687 extension 273 for more information.
Considered one of Canada’s largest retailer/distributors our client takes great pride in being one of BC’s top employers while offering growth and career development opportunities to hard working, dedicated professionals who are adaptable to change and can work autonomously.
- Develop and implement capacity management and planning processes/services to drive alignment across the organization on critical inputs and planning parameters resulting in a company-wide capacity management plan.
- Analyze information for all new or changed infrastructures and defines expansion requirements
- Create capacity models for infrastructure components such as server, network, storage, database and distributed system applications, based on actual usage and trends to predict future infrastructure and application capacity requirements
- Apply broad technical aptitude, knowledge, and experience across IT service level capacity planning and business capacity planning
- Build strong working relationships with process stakeholders to understand and assess the impact of business demands and optimize service delivery
- Possess strong knowledge of overall IT technologies in areas of servers, cloud computing, network, storage, databases and application designs in order to analyse resource usage data and patterns in order to generate forecasts of future consumption of these resources
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of recent related experience including:
- Infrastructure capacity management in a large, complex organization
- Using and applying capacity planning tools (e.g. SolarWinds capacity management toolset, vFoglight, etc
- Identifying, adapting and implementing new methods and technologies to improve IT capacity planning
- Strong knowledge of Application and Infrastructure Architecture, business applications, system development and IT operational methodologies
- Strong knowledge of server, storage, networking and database technologies
- Strong knowledge of cloud based services and offerings; IaaS, PaaS
- Comprehensive knowledge of data analysis, purchasing practice, pricing structure, products and services, vendor relationships, and market analysis for trends relating to capacity planning and modelling.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen to support the delivery of services, solutions and results.
- Solid written and oral communication, presentation / facilitation and inter-personal skills
- Ability to communicate complex matters in a manner that can be understood by any audience (Stakeholders, Senior executives)
- Excellent analytical, judgement, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and produce results within deadlines
- The ability to use project planning and forecasting tools.
- ITIL foundation certification considered an asset!
- Project management experience in a complex retail/wholesale/distribution business environment considered an asset!
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- $66,200 - $75,600
- Up to 3 weeks vacation
- Our client offers one of the best benefits packages in Vancouver! Details available upon request
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Paul at [email protected] or 604.689.8687 ex: 273 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
Posted: November 14, 2017
Closes:January 13, 2018