What can you expect as Elastic Path’s System Administrator?
Elastic Path is a growing company and we are rapidly maturing our IT practices. As a business partner, IT is delivering agile technology solutions to all our internal customers. We are focused on proactive problem solving and take a collaborative implementation approach. As a part of a small, motivated, and ambitious IT team the System Administrator will help bring structure and balance to Elastic Path’s IT operations. This is a key role with an opportunity to be an important partner and contributor to IT’s growth.
Reporting to the Manager, IT & Business Systems, you’ll serve as an escalation point for Tier 3 helpdesk tickets, while interacting with and maintaining back-office infrastructure on a daily basis. Having responsibility for most aspects of IT infrastructure – hardware, software, and practices, you’ll bring your enthusiasm and experience to the early and ongoing growth of a new IT practice.
What will you do?
- Tier 3 escalation for service tickets raised with our managed service provider. Liaison and collaboration with MSP as required
- Network administration, maintenance, design, troubleshooting and security
- VOIP, user account, and workstation provisioning and de-provisioning
- Server administration, maintenance, provisioning, de-provisioning, backups, hypervisor environment responsibility
- Storage administration and maintenance
- Inventory systems maintenance, IT documentation, IT consumables purchasing and recommendations
- Teamwork on various IT policy and governance initiatives, and implementation of same
- Liaison and ad-hoc project work with other internal departments and stakeholders as needed
- Responsibility over hardware and software across the enterprise as needed
- Participate in technical research and development to advance IT innovation across the enterprise.
- Provide recommendations for IT improvements
- Ensure that we meet or exceed the needs of our users
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Three to five years’ system administration experience
- An ability to demonstrate a strong customer and team focus
- Independent, highly self-motivated approach to problem identification and resolution
- An ability to demonstrate forward-thinking, proactive problem-solving
- A focus on automation and demonstrated automation projects
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical major
- Broad base of experience with a variety of systems and technologies including but not limited to:
- Vmware, XenServer, Hyper-V
- Cisco networking (incl. Meraki) and other vendors (HP, Brocade). Wifi and wired LAN.
- iSCSI SAN arrays (Dell Equallogic, Nimble, HP, or others)
- Juniper VPN
- Dell SonicWALL
- Voip Phone Systems
- Veeam Backup and Restore
- Windows Server 2012 Administration / AD / GPO
- WSUS / WDS / PXE experience
- Linux administration
- Mac OSX administration
- Exchange admin
Bonus points for…
- Development and scripting language experience
- Demonstrated oversight over a helpdesk practice, metrics and reporting experiences
Why join the team?
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is privately held and continues to grow dramatically. Today Elastic Path employs approximately 100 team members in Canada, the UK and the US. We’re a well-established yet growing company. You’ll have independence in your projects with the support of your team, professional development opportunities and the experience of working with our client teams, including Fortune 500 companies. Plus…
- Transit pass
- MSP Coverage
- Health and Dental
- Long/Short term disability insurance
- Brand new downtown location with easy access to transit and endless food options
- Fitness, shower and bike storage facilities in the building as well as a rooftop patio
- Kitchen stocked with the latest appliances, snacks, and drinks
- Games room with massage chair, foosball table and arcade console
- An awesome view!
What’s exciting about Elastic Path?
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world’s biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Elastic Path customers include market-leading firms such as Time Inc., McGraw-Hill Education, Virgin Media, Breville and many others. Elastic Path is a favored technology partner of leading companies such as Adobe, Amazon, Accenture and PwC.
Elastic Path’s vision to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software has been recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC. Elastic Path is at the forefront of omnichannel commerce, helping companies add commerce capabilities anywhere, anytime to maximize customer engagement, loyalty and drive higher revenue. Ultimately commerce-enabling our connected world.
What does that mean for you? Learn more about ecommerce relates to the consumer Internet of Things and see the innovation and opportunity Elastic Path is a part of.
Headquartered in beautiful downtown Vancouver, Elastic Path is an agile, open, espresso fueled environment offering the opportunity to make an impact and the flexibility to learn and grow on the job.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
Think this role’s perfect for you?
Awesome, let’s talk. Send us your resume and any bragging rights and we’ll contact you if it looks like a fit.