If you are looking for friendly, supportive staff, work life balance and affordable living this may be just the opportunity that will take your career to a new level.
Under general supervision performs clerical duties related to creating and maintaining patient records, record retrieval, assembly, quantitative analysis, release of information, and clerical duties relating to the admission and discharge of patients including registration. Performs a variety of clerical duties such as answering phones, taking messages, transferring calls, faxing reports, and restocking supplies. Receives and forwards calls and information utilizing a switchboard, public address, and related communications system.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Evenings - 07:00 to 15:00, 12:30 to 20:30, rotating. Relief position, hours flexible, minimum 4 days per week Mills Memorial Hospital
is a 52 acute care bed hospital and provides the only inpatient psychiatric unit in the northwest. They offer emergency services, and has a diagnostic and specialist center which includes CT scan and nuclear medicine. Visiting specialists come for obstetrics/gynecology, psychiatry, general surgery, urology, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, anaesthetics, radiology, nuclear medicine, pathology, otorhinolaryngology (ENT), podiatry, pediatrics and internal medicine. Community cancer and chronic disease management clinics are available. Terrace
has a population 12,700 (2021) residents. The community of Terrace is northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Check out Terrace where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Grade 12 and two (2) year's recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.