Transportation division is currently seeking a Surveyor to support our operations as part of our province-wide team. Work is mainly centered on Highways Design and Construction services. Reporting to the Provincial Survey Manager, this position is responsible for providing quality management, technical support, and survey services to numerous projects. This position is suitable to candidates who enjoy a balance of field and office work and offers flexibility in workplace, schedule and holidays. This position is suitable to a person looking to be part of a larger team with a great reputation and looking for a career vs a job.Relocation to Kamloops, BC is required, and will be provided. Candidates currently residing anywhere in Canada are encouraged to apply.A day in the life...
What you'll bring to WSP...
- Communicating with clients
- Estimating prospective work
- Applying good quality management practices
- Providing survey and technical support to our Construction Supervision teams including deciphering plans, producing grade files, grade stakeout, grade checking, quality assurance, field fit designs and measuring / generating construction quantities
- Providing survey and technical support to our Design teams collecting data, providing survey base for design including mapping utilities, legal composites, preliminary designs, quantities, drafting and plotting
- Drone Mapping with Lidar and Photogrammetry and processing
- Terrestrial Scanning and Processing
- Topographic / Detail Surveys utilizing RTK GNSS and Robotic Instruments
- Setting control utilizing static GPS GPS/GNSS and other methods
- Processing field to finish using Civil 3D, TBC, and other software
- Performing Quality Control / Quality Assurance reviews on work done by coworkers including staff and independent contractors
- Technical Diploma in Survey, Geomatics or Civil
- 5 + Years Industry Experience with preference to Highways and Transportation experience
- Willingness to travel for up to two weeks at a time
- Field experience with GNSS, Robotic Total Stations, Scanners, Drones and Data Collectors with an emphasis on construction
- Experience data processing using Trimble Business Center
- Experience data processing and drafting using Civil 3D
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Maintenance and Technicians