Overview ABOUT US
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference
starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! We offer job stable positions and lots of career advancement opportunities, including free training, security licensing, and promotion from within. If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for an Surveillance Operator and Dispatcher to join our team! Become an integral part of the safety and security team and help coordinate the emergency response for Critical Infrastructure in the Province. This is a rare opportunity to gain experience working at one of the most sophisticated Security Alarm monitoring centers in North America and be part of a high-performing team. Additionally, you will receive exposure to an enterprise security environment that's truly integrated in terms of implementing industry leading security-based technology and security systems to mitigate risk including drones and other technology.WHAT YOU WILL DO
In this role you will be coordinating the emergency response, monitoring, and dispatching the appropriate resources to our client facility across the Province.RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS: Hard Skills
- Monitoring and dispatching on alarm events and live crime (in progress) via video monitoring.
- Initiate after hour emergency service calls and security requests.
- Triage technology and security systems deficiencies through service request process.
- Handling incoming / outbound calls and email communication.
- Conduct surveillance, patrol, access control and technical analysis.
- Recording and maintaining incident reports and evidence packages to meet both companies and required legal standard.
- Adhering to established departmental procedures and Municipal, Provincial, National and Industry Standards.
- Use exceptional customer service skills while remaining calm and focused in stressful, high pressure situations, adapting quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Actively listen to caller to summarize key points of information and enter into the computer system.
- Actively seek win-win solutions, always maintaining professionalism in cases of healthy conflict and in supporting/managing differences of opinion.
- Working knowledge of computers, networks, and security systems (CCTV, remote video, access control etc.)
- Remote monitoring of designated company locations. Provide dispatch information to emergency responders as appropriate.
- Provide support to our internal customer.
- Conduct daily assigned compliance audits.
- Alarm Monitoring, Dispatch, CCTV Monitoring and Call Centre experience.
- Ability to use Microsoft based applications. Technical aptitude and Computer literate. Typing speed of 45 wpm is required.
- Ability to work independently in a varied and demanding environment while maintaining objectivity. Must be able to remain alert throughout full shift
- Strong time management, organizational & prioritization skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all company information, procedures, facilities systems, and investigations
- Strong Security knowledge, exercise mental flexibility and situational awareness within a team-based environment.
- Ability to interview, gain relevant information in a non- confrontational manner.
YOU ARE A GREAT FIT IF YOU:
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to pay attention to detail and be able to follow instructions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adhere to business phone etiquette while ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Ability to maintain professional and effective demeanor in critical incidences. Demonstrated ability to provide instruction, remain calm and respond with good judgment and clarity in emergency situations.
- Use Risk / Threat Assessment to a potential crime in progress to make appropriate decisions in those situations.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to understand suspicious activity on a site
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude. Excellent judgement and decision-making abilities.
- Must be able to develop and sustain positive and harmonious working relationships with all colleagues.
- Must be able to understand and embrace the company core values, corporate goals, mission, vision and priorities set forth by management, and be able to continually seek ways to meet or exceed goals and fulfill priorities
- Have a minimum of 6 months of Experience in the security industry
- Have a minimum of 6 months of experience with integrated security (CCTV, Access, Intrusion)
- Have experience with a security access software (ex. Lenel, GE, DSC, Key scan)
- Have experience with ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) systems, Telecom IP phone service and operation
- Have operational knowledge and working understanding of alarm receivers and servers (ex. BOSCH, Surgard)
- Have experience with photo ID software, hardware, HID card product line
- Have experience with programming and monitoring with integrated software (ex. Lenel, Bold, DSC, GE, Europlex, Keyscan)
- Have education in the areas of criminology, emergency management, justice or security management.
Additional Information / Benefits PALADIN OFFERS YOU:
We are currently hiring for full-time and part-time positions with preference for candidates with an open 24/7 availability.
- We offer advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits program including: Monthly Client Service Award, Superstar, Performance & Performer Award
- Extensive Health, Medical and Dental Benefits + our Wellness program
- Ergonomically designed workstations, including standing desks
- Flexible schedules
- Options for rotational schedule
- 12-hour rotation (4 days on, 3 days off)
- 8-hour rotation (5-day schedule)
- Ongoing training and career development.
- Start wage at $22.50 with increases available after successful completion of probationary period.
We thank all candidates for their time, but only applications which meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
This job reports to the Supervisor
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1