Paladin Risk Solutions is a specialized risk, intelligence, and investigative consultancy. We provide a suite of services to identify, mitigate, and respond to risk that supports our clients with insightful solutions for their complex issues. We are backed by over 30 years of proven experience in local, domestic and global markets. By pairing our specialized personnel to your specific industry or issue at hand, we provide superior risk solutions.
Job Skills / Requirements
Our Surveillance Operatives play a crucial role within the department. They are tasked with obtaining information by covertly following individuals in vehicles, on foot and by other means in an effort to obtain intelligence for a specific purpose. Our Surveillance Investigators are required to work alone as well as a part of a team and have varying schedules dependent on the type of assignments currently being worked. Communication among our team is paramount as is report writing and the ability to blend into different situations and environments.
The position of Surveillance Investigator requires a level of flexibility for round the clock availability weekdays and weekends, as well as travel. Wages are based on experience and range between $25 and $35 per hour.TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct surveillance on various types of subjects on a team or individual basis, as required..
- Investigators should be able to maintain their own file load or individual assignments as required.
- Investigators spend most of their time in the field conducting covert surveillance operations in their vehicles, utilizing public transit, on foot and by other means, as necessary.
- Investigators are required to obtain covert video documentation of relevant activities of individual subjects and write reports depicting the activity in an accurate manner.
- Our Surveillance Investigators are also involved in various undercover operations as required.
YOU ARE A GREAT FIT IF YOU POSSESS:
- Minimum of 2 years documented covert surveillance experience is required within the insurance and Long-Term Disability sector.
- A British Columbia Private Investigator License.
- Experience conducting and managing investigations on behalf of law firms, public and private insurance companies, crown corporations and regulatory bodies
- Applicants must have a reliable and suitable personal vehicle for surveillance.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A curious and open minded, question driven disposition.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Post-Secondary education considered an asset.
- Undercover experience considered an asset.
- Additional languages considered an asset.
- Must have own surveillance equipment if applying for part-time or casual position.
- Ability to travel within Canada and Abroad an asset
- Surveillance Investigators MUST be physically capable of fulfilling all aspects of the job requirements.
- Strong and capable driving skills.
- An ability to blend into your environment.
- Work well with others in a professional and focused manner.
- A proven ability to work alone or as part of a dynamic team.
- A keen sense of self-discipline and attention to subtle details.
- A sound understanding and hands-on experience with compliance, regulatory and insurance investigations.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- A proven track record of handling a great deal of responsibility that is combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done.
Please address your resume and cover letter to Shane Murphy.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Licensed investigator in the Province of British Columbia
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job reports to the Manger of Surveillance Operations
This is a As Needed
position Full-Time, Part-time, Casual
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security