Surgical Recovery Specialist, BC Transplant Regular Full-Time Opportunity (8 hour Rotation + On Call Rotation Schedule)
Vancouver, BC BC Transplant is focused on increasing the availability of organs for transplantation in British Columbia.
Learn more about being part of the BC Transplant team: https://youtu.be/izXFjDWCeCw
The Surgical Recovery Specialist
functions as an integral part of the Organ Donation and Hospital Development (ODHD) Team, and as a provincial resource for the surgical recovery of organs, from deceased and living donors.
This role includes:
- Facilitating the organ recovery procedure;
- Responsible for the coordination of the complete organ recovery surgery, safe packaging and labeling and transport of organs, as well as communicating with transplant centers to facilitate their coordination of the transplant surgery
- Acting as the Leader of the recovery team, overseeing all aspects of the process
- The compilation and analysis of data for Quality Assurance, and for the formal development and delivery of educational programs on organ donation for health care professionals throughout the province of British Columbia
- Performing a variety of additional functions related to organ retrieval such as on-site liaison with the donor hospital, review of donor documentation to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements, and communication with donor and transplant centers, surgeons, transportation suppliers, Coroner, and donor families
- Development and participation in project work related to quality improvement, process enhancement and support of the ODHD team.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelors degree in a Health Sciences Program
- Certification or equivalent experience in the education of public and health-care personnel
- Three to five (3-5) years of critical care, organ donation or operating room experience
- Designation as a healthcare professional preferred
You demonstrate the following:
** Successful applicants will be required to work a schedule that includes on call rotation to ensure 24/7 program coverage
- Strong verbal interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interpret and clearly communicate complex clinical information in an often emotionally-charged environment.
- Ability to negotiate and facilitate consensus within the donation and transplantation stakeholder community, as well as knowledge in the area of quality improvement
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and establish effective working relationships within the multi-disciplinary hospital environment.
- Ability to multi-task, while still remaining detail oriented
- Physically fit - able to lift heavy equipment on a regular basis
About Us: BC Transplant (BCT)
provides oversight for all aspects of organ donation and transplantation across BC. Its goal is to develop provincial and influence national policy direction; develop and influence national and international leading practice; and increase deceased as well as living donation rates along with transplant volumes, thereby ensuring best possible patient outcomes and experience. This role will focus on key priority initiatives to support the growing donation and transplant volumes and enhance service delivery. BC Transplant
is part of Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
, which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include Respect people, Be compassionate; Dare to innovate; Cultivate partnerships, and Serve with purpose.
For more information about the BC Transplant, please visit the website at: www.transplant.bc.ca
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now
" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visi
Labor Agreement Excluded Requisition # 90895-2335685 Work Site 1770 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver Job Type Regular, Full-Time FTE 1.00 Hours of Work office hours 0800-1600 (flexible) with on call hours (evenings and weekends) Work Days Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, plus on call hours Expiry Date 08-Apr-2020