Supply Chain Projects Lead- Hybrid position
This Supply Chain Projects Lead role spearheads and coordinates projects from various departments in the Supply Chain team within Kal Tire.
The role can be tasked with projects that improve safety, minimize costs, increase service, improve corporate sustainability, as well as analyzing logistical opportunities, and working with stakeholders to identify and implement new solutions. The successful candidate must have an "explore" / "change" mindset of how to improve current state through process change or technology deployment.
The role will have a familiarity or experience in most elements of the end-to-end supply chain from demand/supply planning to physical fulfilment/delivery.
They will assist with special projects by collecting and consolidating data to be used for business cases to propose operational changes. Analyzing data, finding process gaps, understanding new business areas quickly, directing the activities of project staff, and planning future projects will be key functions of the role.
Working closely with the VP of Supply Chain, Zone Managers of Warehousing and Transportation, the Manager of Replenishment and Order Management teams the Projects Lead will ensure the strategic objectives of the division and organization are achieved on time and in budget.Responsibilities
Operations Project Management
• Identify, evaluate, and define project needs
• Build proposals for project sign-off including financial forecasting and business case development collaborating with various groups such as procurement, real estate, finance, store operation and senior management
• Define, launch, and drive mission-crucial strategic as well as operational initiatives in core supply chain projects
• Supervise and control project milestones, tasks, scope, timelines, expenses, and risks impacting the organization. Manage end-to-end project execution
• Develop project plan on basis of business requirements, arrangement of project team, project metrics design, and KPI's
• Estimate resources, time and establishes priorities for specific projects
• Interview, select and train staff/vendors for projects as required
• Share and present project information with key stakeholders throughout all levels of the organization
• Assist with projects for key stakeholders, evaluate project issues and assisting with resolution
• Develop methods of change management including ownership of documentation, process training and communication plans for implemented projects
• End-to-end project management from ideation to implementation (eg. running network study identifying new warehousing needs, finding real estate, and rolling out warehouse to operational readiness)
• Understanding of how to apply/evaluate technology solutions to business process changesHealth & Safety
• Provide timely reporting of all safety related issues
• Take an active approach to accident prevention and consolidating incident reportsWork Experience
• 5+ years of relevant experience, preferable within supply chain/logistics role for high-tech, manufacturing or consumer goods companies.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to build business cases to evaluate projects
• Ability to work independently or with a large group of stakeholders
• Ability to partner at senior levels to design and implement program roadmaps and solutions
• Selecting and managing vendors related to projects management
• Controlling budgets and project timelines and resources
• Knowledge of business systems and tech for managing supply chain
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex cross-functional projects / assignments requiring identification of objectives, resources and/or approaches
• Demonstrated analytical skills and working with large sets of data to find insights
• Excellent interpersonal skills to and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
• Software requirements: Excel, Power Point, Power BI, MS Project
• Cross-functional Supply Chain Knowledge
• Business process re-engineering / optimization
• Technology / vendor evaluation experience
• Excellent presentation, communication, and time management skillsEducation
• Bachelors or MBA in Supply Chain Management or a combination of education and equivalent experience Special Requirements
• Travel required depending on projectAbout Kal Tire
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.
Retail Transportation and Warehousing