Join one of Canada's Premier Mining Operations
New Gold is an intermediate gold mining company with a portfolio of four producing assets and three significant development projects. The New Afton Mine in Canada, the Mesquite Mine in the United States, the Peak Mines in Australia and the Cerro San Pedro Mine in Mexico, provide the company with its current production base and solid foundation. In addition, New Gold owns 100% of the Rainy River and Blackwater projects, both in Canada, as well as 30% of the El Morro project located in Chile.
New Gold's objective is to be the leading intermediate gold producer, focused on the environment and social responsibility. Our Values drive every decision and action we take:
Integrity: Do what's right
Creativity: Lead with innovation
Develop our employees: Commitment to personal development
Teamwork: Leverage our collective skills
For more information about New Gold, please visit www.newgold.com
About the Opportunity
New Gold is currently seeking an experienced Supply Chain Manager (NOC 0113) to join the Rainy River Project - a combined open pit and underground mine processing 21,000 tonnes per day.
The Rainy River Project office is located at 5967 Highway 11/71, Emo, Ontario and is approximately 65 kilometers Northwest of Fort Frances. For this role, the successful incumbent will be required to reside in the community and relocation assistance is available.
Reporting to the Director, Finance the Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for establishing the Operational Procurement, Warehousing, Contracts and Logistical functions for the Rainy River Project, and will be based at the Rainy River Project site.
• Develop a strong safety culture, and provide visible safety leadership
• Establish Materials/Procurement/Contracts procedures, processes and functions
• Ensure optimal working capital through procurement, warehousing, inventory and systems
• Vendor and performance management
• Provide assistance in oversight of EPCM procurement and warehousing activities
• Business process improvement with sourcing, procure to pay and warehousing
• Other related duties to support the team, as required, to ensure the success of the Rainy River Project
To qualify for this role, candidates must have post-secondary degree in Business, Engineering, Logistics or Supply Chain (Masters preferred), as well as previous experience establishing Materials functions in a Greenfield environment.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
• ERP Implementation experience and system knowledge (SAP preferred, but not essential)
• 15 years' experience working in related industries, including significant exposure to mining, mineral processing, engineering and construction projects
• Previous leadership and operations management experience, including significant exposure to warehouse management, procurement, contracting and logistics
• Proven people management skills, including demonstrated leadership and organizational development skills
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence cultural and behavioural change
• The ability to work as a team player
About the Benefits
The successful incumbent will receive a competitive salary of $160,000 - $180,000, based on experience, as well as a range of benefits, including:
• Extended health, dental and vision
• Group insurance benefits (life, accidental death & dismemberment, short-term and long-term disability and critical illness coverage)
• Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account (up to 5% of annual salary)
• Performance-based incentive plan (performance bonus and restricted share unit grants)
• Potential signing bonus
• Housing/accommodation allowance for one year
• Relocation assistance
How to Apply
Please apply be registering with our e-Recruit system at www.newgold.com/rrcareers and by attaching your Resume and Cover Letter.
New Gold is committed to ensuring that all Applicants are able to participate equally in relation to New Gold's recruitment, assessment and selection materials and processes. New Gold encourages all Applicants with disabilities to let their New Gold recruitment contact know if they require accommodation during the recruitment process. For more information on New Gold's compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, please visit our website at http://newgold.com/LegalNotice/default.aspx#sixteen
Connect with employer:
About Employment Office
Who is Employment Office?
Despite what you might be thinking, Employment Office (EO) is not a traditional recruitment agency. Born out of a great idea and an understanding of what employ...