Supervisory Lead Electrician: Harvey 2391
We are a fully integrated provider of instrumentation, electrical, automation, communication, combustion, and emissions services throughout Western Canada
We are currently looking to hire an experienced Supervisory Lead Electrician to join our team, for our branch located in Surrey, BC.
- If you are an experienced Commercial and Industrial Electrician with an FSR Designation, we want to hear from you!
- As the Lead Electrician, you will have several years of supervisory experience, as a certified Journeyman Electrician.
- Our company requires a safety minded, cost effective, people person, with exceptional technical skills, to carry out this roll.
- The Lead Electrician will also be expected to have exceptional attention to detail, and have a proven track record for generating high quality work, while meeting the demands of Clients, employees, and internal stake holders.
You will manage the full life cycle of projects, from pre-construction to completion.
Major responsibilities will include,
- Managing the estimating and bidding process including:
- Identifying scope of work
- Conducting quantity take-off’s
- Preparing bid packages
- Sourcing trades and vendors
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, stakeholders, and colleagues, to establish the best project plan
- Tracking and monitoring project budget and progress to ensure project profitability
- Leading and managing project close-out process
- Providing project management or estimating support on larger projects in a team environment.
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a department providing a single administrative service or several administrative services.
- Prepare reports and briefs for management committees evaluating administrative services
- Direct and advise staff engaged in providing records management, security, finance, purchasing, human resources or other administrative services.
- Direct and control corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures within establish.
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations for proper operations, design and electrical installations.
- Ensure all Federal, Provincial and local regulations and standards are followed.
- Proficient at cutting, threading, bending, and assembling rigid, aluminum and conduit systems.
- Ability to install and maintain EMT and PVC piping systems, batteries, solar panels, voltage regulators, MCC equipment, heat trace, and VFD’s.
- Assist/direct in interpreting drawings, circuit diagrams, and electrical code specifications to better help execute electrical installation and troubleshooting.
- Able to understand and interpret the most current Canadian electrical code book and exercise these rules when applicable.
- Understand and exercise: basic circuit fundamentals, alternating current circuit properties, heating and cooling systems, magnetic control and switching circuits, three phase systems, transformers, machines, control and switching/PLC, fire alarm systems, industrial networking, and applications of electronics.
- Responsible for all administrative, material ordering, and QAQC documents directly associated with the project at hand.
- 5 years of experience in managing electrical construction projects in a contracting environment.
- 3 years of proven success in estimating and winning projects in a competitive environment.
- A Degree or Diploma in Construction Management, Electrical Engineering, or Similar or Read Seal
- FSR - Field Safety Representative Designation and working experience
- Red Seal Journeyman Electrical Ticket
- 3-5 years of management or supervisory experience.
- Commercial and Industrial experience is required.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledgeable with MS Office, particularly with Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must have a ‘team-first’ focus and work well in group settings.
- Ability to deal with challenging people and or situations with a calm and focused demeanor.
- Must have organizational skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to scope and complete small estimates.
- A valid Class 5 license, with a clean driver abstract
- Valid H2S Alive, First Aid, Certified Fall Protection by an Authorized Provider, Aerial Work Platform, CSO, CSTS, and ESTS.
- A pre-employment drug and alcohol test, will be required prior to employment.
- Represent themselves professionally both to the client and to staff.
This is a fulltime position
Salary of $40.00 plus per hour plus, depending on working experience,
Benefits package available after 3 months
Customer Service and Support