Acciona Facilities Services are recruiting for a Housekeeping/ Custodial Supervisor
Acciona Facilities Services supports organizations in BC with their housekeeping, custodial and linen services needs. Our teams works hard to maintain a healthy, safe and clean environment.
Acciona Facilities Services takes pride in delivering excellent service to all clients, as well as creating a friendly, respectful and fair work environment based on best practises.
Acciona Facilities Services is a branch of a well establish global organization with projects and services contracts in 40 countries. www.Acciona.com.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this hands-on supervisor coordinates and supports all relevant activities of the janitorial/housekeeping services team. The position provides daily supervision and observation of staff to ensure proper protocols and procedures are followed, performs quality audits on a regular on-going basis to ensure that the employer is meeting its contractual obligations. Must lead and mentor staff, assign and direct work and have a strong ability to handle stressful situations at the same time maintain a positive attitude
· Competitive wage and Bonus program
· Extended health benefits including dental and vision
· Flexible work hours
· Employee Assistance Program
You are responsible for but not limited to:
· Provides leadership to assigned staff demonstrated through strong organizational skills, and proven ability to coach, train, motivate, schedule, instruct, direct, monitor staff and discipline staff.
· Conducts day-to-day janitorial business in a professional manner, respecting opinions of staff, listening to concerns, responding accordingly and treating staff with respect and courtesy.
· Ensures compliance of AFS policies and procedures by meeting and communicating regularly with staff to ensure their awareness.
· Assigns staff to established work areas or project duties and distributes appropriate project documentation, records or task sheets. Moreover, conducts regular staff education and information meetings in assigned work areas.
· Responds to requests from the client to resolve operational problems in a timely manner and follows up on specific concerns as per the escalation protocol.
· Performs Quality Audits on a regular basis and follows up with staff on areas that require re-auditing.
· Participates in department safety programs and is responsible for maintaining a safe work environment at all times.
· Identifies supplies required for ordering from suppliers. Monitors proper use and care of supplies and materials.
· Participates in the staff selection process by interviewing and hiring applicants.
· Completes reports as requested by Operations Manager.
· Reports any noticeable maintenance problems or safety hazards to the Operations Manager.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; effective leadership and coaching skills
· Knowledge of Environmental Services operations delivery
· Knowledge of Occupational and Health and Safety requirements.
· Able to handle a fast paced, highly ethical work environment
· Ability to make decisions in and independent manner within company and contractual requirements, and with a view for the overall good of the Company.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position with preference from an environmental service field.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Your safety is our priority. We will train all new staff to hospital level standards to ensure quality work and a safe work environment.
#43 - Fujitsu - The Benefits of Reverse Mentoring