Position Summary SUPERVISOR, REAL ESTATE PORTFOLIO ADMINISTRATION Job ID: 3802 SHORT-TERM (UNTIL OCTOBER 31, 2021) FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** SUPERVISOR, REAL ESTATE PORTFOLIO ADMINISTRATION POSITION SUMMARY
The Supervisor, Real Estate Portfolio Administration is responsible for overseeing the administrative and support aspects of a wide range of real estate services relating to the acquisition, development, management and disposal of land for BC Housing and the Provincial Rental Housing Corporation. The position also conducts research regarding potential property opportunities and is key in reviewing and distributing available opportunities to Real Estate Services (RES) and Development & Asset Strategies (DAS) staff. The Supervisor supports the department by completing the purchase and disposition of group home properties and other acquisition and dispositions as needed. This position coordinates Crown Grant applications and Indigenous Consultation / Notification processes and conducts redevelopment reviews for properties being considered for capital upgrades. The position supervises a Real Estate Financial Administrator and an Administrative Coordinator. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor degree in real estate management, business administration, land use planning or other relevant discipline.
• Completion of a number of courses leading to certification as an Accredited Appraiser or similar certification. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques associated with real estate administration
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of contract law, legal agreements, legal instruments and registration processes with respect to real estate
• Some knowledge of real estate evaluation, feasibility analysis, and best-use analysis
• Sound knowledge and understanding of BC Housing's programs, development, financial and lending policies, specifically relating to the development and administration of real estate
• Some knowledge and understanding of project management philosophies, theories and principles
• Advanced knowledge of and expertise in enterprise applications such as JDE, Oracle, and proficiency in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, MS Word and MS Project
• Ability to determine business requirements to ensure the effective administration of real estate functions and oversee their implementation
• Ability to supervise staff and provide leadership in accomplishing objectives
• Ability to function effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment
• Ability to foster strong working relationships with consultants, developers, agencies, public sector organizations, housing providers and other stakeholders to accomplish objectives.
• Ability to manage multiple issues and projects, co-ordinate work with others, keep senior management apprised of major issues and adapt to changing priorities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with a broad range of audiences
• Strong research, analytical, problem solving, conceptual thinking, planning and organizational skills
• Strong mathematical aptitude and excellent attention to detail
• Possession of a valid BC Driver's License
Real Estate Management and Executive