Life is short. Work somewhere awesome.
In every industry there is a company that thinks, and does things, differently. In employee group benefits, GroupHEALTH Benefits Solutions™ is that company.
Innovative and customer-focused, we’re not your parent’s insurance company. We’ve used equal parts passion, expertise and innovation to turn stated customer needs (yes we listen to customers!) into group benefits programs that save companies and their employees money, while still providing the very best protection available. That’s getting people’s attention.
We are currently recruiting for the role of NBD Supervisor to join our team in Surrey, BC. The New Business Development team is a sales development and marketing team which calls prospects and customers to identify sales opportunities and book appointments with them for a presentation on GroupHEALTH solutions, products, and services. The goal is to book high quality appointments that lead to a GroupHEALTH or CSBT sale.
The role of the Supervisor, New Business Development (Surrey, BC) is to coach, develop and grow the daily, weekly, monthly skill sets of prospecting, value prop positioning and sales development approaches of new business development team.
Within the first 3-4 months:
- Training and performing in NBD Specialist role for minimum 3 months to gain hands on experience and understanding of role, prospects, industry, systems, etc
- Attending company training and understand the businessLearn processes and methodology for booking high-quality appointments and meetings
- Learn about the New Business Development program for Advisor Partner and the NBD Sales Academy network
- Introduction to NBD Sales Academy and Advisor Partner network as opportunity arises
- Begin attending Hiring interviews and understanding GH hiring process and model
- Learn target sectors and markets, while planning for new marketing programs
Within the first 4-6 months:
- Commence NBD Specialists shadows and monitoring, providing feedback upon strengths, weaknesses, areas of opportunity for each Surrey based Specialist.
- Collaborate, Develop, and Implement plans to continuously increase overall number of booked appointments and improve quality of appointments as measured by increased percentage of appointments that result in sales.
- Contribute in Hiring, training, and developing a team of “A” player Specialists for Surrey NBD
- Learn and Implement quality control and monitoring tools and processes
- Learn and Understand Key Performance Metrics and report regularly to NBD Leadership and Executive.
- Drive daily KPI’s such as minimum 2 appointments booked per day average consistency
- Develop new marketing plans and target sectors in conjunctions with sales and marketing to identify new target markets to penetrate.
- Determine new, innovative solutions and scripting ideas to enhance impact and challenger selling approach of NBD Specialists.
Within the first 12 months:
- Demonstrate significant improvement and contribution in overall performance of NBD team based in Surrey. Performance and Productivity Improvements measured in terms of increased qualified appointments, quality score feedback and leads turning into quotes and sales. Baseline and targets to be established within first 3 months
- Develop collaborative working relationships with NBD Specialists to encourage career development, a pathway to advancement within the GroupHEALTH family and a focus on retaining A Players.
- Demonstrate significant improvements in quality, consistency, and productivity for the department
- Training, coaching and mentoring lead for a high performance inside sales team
- Assisting individuals to meeting and exceeding specific performance targets
- Contributing to day to day sales development aspects of Surrey, BC NBD operations
- Monitoring and reporting Key Performance Indicators
- Sales and marketing program development and execution, includes development of scripts and training for program
- Implement best of class sales processes using CRM and other tools.
- Personnel training and development
- Process development and improvements
- Policy and procedure enforcement
- Performance and quality monitoring and improvement
- Understand the business systems well enough to manage workflows, reports, and processes.
- Work closely with other interdependent organizations (Sales and Marketing).
Education & Experience
- Bachelor (Business, Commerce, etc.)
- Understanding of call center best practices
- 3-5+ years managing and inside sales/tele sales department in a hands-on coaching and development capacity with demonstrated success
- Extensive experience with CRM and Sales automation tools (ideally Microsoft CRM)
- Group benefits industry beneficial but not required
- Our team has an early start weekend – Every Friday!
- Obviously an amazing employee benefit plan like you’ve never seen before
- We work for a proudly Canadian owned organization, headquartered in South Surrey, BC. We’re a high-caliber group of people who strive to deliver WOW experiences for our clients.
- We think hard, work smart, have fun and laugh…lots! (We humbly direct you to our not-so-humble “Why We’re Awesome!” page to hear what our team has to say.)
Got your attention?
- 3-5 years’ experience in an outbound call center or inside sales role
- Demonstrated consistent success and achievement of targets and KPI's in those roles
- Naturally curious and embraces question-based selling techniques
- Positive attitude, outgoing personality, self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to achieve goals
GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions has been redefining benefit plans for over 35 years... Innovative and customer-focused, we’re the best kept secret in Employee Group Benefits and our job is to spread the word. We’re located in the centre of the South Surrey hub next to Morgan Crossing and are surrounded by shops, cafés, restaurants, and wellness activities.
Want to be part of a growing company that's constantly changing how employee group benefits work? Apply now!
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.