Closing Date: June 1, 2023
Reporting to the Superintendent, Materials Supply Chain Management, the Supervisor, Inventory is responsible for leading all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Inventory Control Team including Asset Recovery, Buyers, and Warranty Buyers.
To be successful in this role we require someone capable of working under minimal direction and who functions best in a dedicated atmosphere. Who has strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to mentor. As well as outstanding analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
In this role you will have the chance to work with our sites across the Elk Valley, growing your knowledge base in this field. There is opportunity for continuous improvement and growth in our system as we look to standardize our process across all our sites.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working an attractive Earned Day Off schedule, with every other Friday off, come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Coordinate the workflow of inventory control personnel, ensure achievement of objectives, and lead schedules
- Monitor and advance inventory control processes, documents, and procedures
- Analyze new items for database input and coordinate the completion of data fields
- Integrate item requirements for all sites and promote standardization wherever possible
- Provide leadership in Master Data requirements and controls, and ensure process and system accuracy and integrity
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Purchasing or Warehouse, a combination of relevant industry experience and education may be considered
- Seven years demonstrated ability in the fields of Inventory Control, Warehousing, or Procurement, in an industrial or mining environment
- Experience supervising or leading a team
- Excellent digital literacy and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite®, especially Outlook, Word and Excel, and Power BI
- Thorough knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and inventory planning systems and detailed understanding of warehouse procedures and regulations
- Ability to manage large volumes of data and identify trends
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain, Procurement, Mining, Operations
Construction, Mining and Trades