- Review project requirements with Project Manager.
- Preplan, co-ordinate schedule and manpower requirements with Subcontractors.
- Follow progress of work and prevent or resolve site related problems.
- Ensure that all “extra” work is properly documented and advise Project Manager.
- Instruct Subcontractors, where applicable any special customer requirements.
- Inspect sites and ensure proper installation procedures are followed.
- Record and report any and all site problems with Project Manager.
- Ensure Subcontractor follows safe work practices and is fully indoctrinated in our safety procedures.
- Co-ordinate project activities with other trades including our Subcontractor.
- Continually train and update installation procedures with Subcontractor.
- Prepare percent complete of project and submit to Project Manager.
- Inspect installed work and obtain acceptance from customer.
- Respond to WorkSafeBC inspection reports on Subcontractors and correct all infractions.
- Be familiar with all safety regulations.
- Ensure all work is performed based on our Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Determine labour requirements and assist the field recruiter in the hiring of field staff, along with the Project Manager.
- Inspect and review construction sites to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations, along with the Project Manager.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses, along with the Project Manager.
- Direct and supervise field staff, ensuring timeline and budgets are followed.
- Manage project schedule and ensure efficient use of all resources, including materials, manpower, tools and equipment, along with the Project Manager.
- Requisition supplies and materials for construction sites.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the construction site.
- Responsible for coordination between various trades and subcontractors.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise activities of field employees assigned on projects.
- Provide direction in relation to project planning and scheduling in order to expedite projects on schedule and within budget.
- Provide overall technical support as required to ensure work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attend all kick off meetings and review all project related information, including contracts prior to mobilizing on site.
- Review shop drawings with drafting (if applicable) prior to submittal for approval/fabrication, along with the Project Manager.
- Monitor, track and record all field labour as it pertains to projects. Provide up to date labour/ job analysis and report any changes in scopes of work to Contracts Division, along with the Project Manager.
- Price and negotiate extras applicable to projects if required.
- Assume overall responsibility of productivity, expediting of materials and equipment for the project.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a General Contractor focused on Building Envelope is preferred
- A Post-Secondary education in Architecture & Building Science is an asset
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with other team members
- Must be highly organized and strong planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
We thank all candidates for their application however only those short listed will be contacted. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Construction, Mining and Trades