19192 Position Type:
Summer Student City:
Fort St. John, BC, Canada Location:
Fort St. John (BC02) Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor. The Opportunity
Canfor is currently seeking Summer Students
to join our team. This position involves manual labour and possible exposure to dusts and/or chemicals. Candidates must be full time students and enrolled in Post-Secondary Institution for September 2020.The Role
- Ensure safety standards are met by following Canfor safe work and lockout procedures
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness in your work area and throughout the mill
- Develop strong working relationships with your peers and production team
Candidates must be full time students and enrolled in a Post-Secondary Institution for September 2020 to be considered for this position. We are looking for students available immediately until September.
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Available to work shiftwork
- Completion of Grade 12/GED or a minimum of 2 years industrial work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
- Positive attitude and a self-starter
- Able to work in an environment that may include exposure to weather, dust, chemicals, moving mechanical parts, and noise.
Preference may be given to those individuals with a Level 3 First Aid ticket AND/OR knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process.The Incentive
The wage for a Summer Student Employee
starts at $30.23
per hour based on the collective agreement.
At Canfor, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, MSP coverage, and pension, as well as other benefits as per the collective agreement at each of our mills.Grow With Us
Canfor provides many different training opportunities for employees to advance and grow within our company. Internal training programs such as Canfor College provide various types of courses for employees across our operations.
With numerous success stories throughout our history of employees starting from humble beginnings within Canfor, and through our promote from within culture many of our employees have had the opportunity to become leaders within the organization. Valuing their contributions, these individuals have brought a significant impact to the way we do business today. At Canfor, the potential for advancement and growth is endless.
Find out how you can grow with us today. Apply nowCanfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application no later than 4:00pm PST on March 26th, 2020.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing
the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process
, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant. We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Fort St. John, BC
With everything from arts and crafts to high-octane outdoor adventure, Fort St. John is known locally as BC's Energetic City. This city's youthful population and wealth creates exciting economic opportunities. Its surrounding landscape is speckled with calm lakes and untouched rivers, and is a dream to outdoor enthusiasts all year round. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/fort-st-john Job Segment:
Intern, Medical, Social Media, Entry Level, Healthcare, Marketing