The Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: SUMMER FITNESS LEADERS (2 positions) | #1358
SERVICE AREA: Vocational & Community Services
START DATE: June 7, 2021 ending August 20, 2021
SCHEDULE/HRS: Shift times may vary Monday to Friday 7:30-15:00 // 37.5 hours per week
HOURLY WAGE: $18.00
The goal of our community inclusive day programs is to provide an environment that supports individuals to gain greater independence and quality of life through participation in community based social, recreational & vocational opportunities. Summer Fitness Leaders will assist in the enrichment of the community day programs and services through the development and promotion of Health & wellness fitness classes and resources. Health & wellness programming will be for adults of all ages & abilities. Due to covid-19, our day program services have adapted to meet client & family needs through online classes & community outreach. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to apply classroom knowledge and gain valuable work experience within a well-established support team. This position is subject to funding by Canada summer jobs. Position is conditional based on approval of application request by Service Canada.
Education & Experience:
• Post-secondary education or training in related fields preferred (Kinesiology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation, BCRPA certification, Yoda certification, Dietetics).
• Must be between ages of 18-30 at intake time, legally entitled to work in Canada, not hold another full time (30 or more hours) summer job.
• Working knowledge or experience with people in the area of health & wellness.
Standard requirements of the Summer Fitness Leader include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance
• Demonstrated competency in English
• Basic computer literacy
• Experience with, or training in the developmental of online class content & implementation, adaptive communication and positive behaviour supports is an asset
• Must be Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold Refugee status
*This position requires Union membership.
*Due to COVID-19 and the need to practice social distancing, the interview process for DDA and prospective employees may be delayed. Thank you for your understanding.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
#39 - BrainStation - Take Risks, Learn More & Stress Less
About Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA)
Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a non-profit association which supports children and adults with developmental disabilities, enabling them to realize their full potential through ne...Read More