Position Title Student Recruiter Advisor Posting Number 00996SA Location New Westminster Campus Grade or Pay Level S - Pay Level 14 Salary Range $48,498 annually (with wage increments to a max of $54,515 annually). Salary and wage increments are in accordance with the Collective Agreement. Position Type Support Staff - Regular Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Staff Start Date 01/11/2021 End Date Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays Shift 8:30am-4:30pm Work Arrangements
This regular, full-time (35 hours per week) position is available starting January 11, 2021. Regular hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Flexible or modified schedule may be considered based on operational requirements. Frequent overtime required.
Regular work arrangements on both campuses will be required, as will frequent evening and occasional weekend work to accommodate recruitment events.
This role will focus on off-campus recruitment initiatives and travel will be required.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Student Recruiter Advisor actively promotes programs and services at Douglas College by planning, maintaining and executing student recruitment programs for Douglas College. They provide exceptional client-centred service on a consistent basis to all stakeholder groups.Responsibilities
1. Promotes and co-ordinates the strategies and programs for student recruitment and related presentation duties, including:
a. designs presentations with a strategic marketing approach appropriate to the intended audience;
b. presents relevant information to small and large groups comprised of various populations on the benefits of post-secondary education, Douglas programs, admission requirements, student services, financial awards, student life, articulated partnerships, future expansion plans and proposed degree programs;
c. accurately provides information to students on possible post-secondary programs at Douglas based upon assessment of their interest areas;
d. establishes vital connections and rapport with public and independent secondary schools, government agencies and parent and community groups;
e. develops and maintains positive relationships within the university and college community and other institutions, businesses and community agencies;
f. assesses inquiries from secondary school counselors and teachers and provides and/or directs them to appropriate information on programs and services at Douglas to better advise their students;
g. responds to in-person, telephone, email, web based communications, and regular mail inquiries from public and private schools, colleges, universities, government agencies, community and parent groups;
h. prepares various correspondence and analytical reports as required;
i. coordinates and organizes mailings of Douglas College viewbooks, brochures and other collateral
j. maintains and utilizes a contact database of potential students, parents, counsellors and other external
institutions through the Douglas CRM system;
k. organizes and conducts school or community visits, career fairs, and trade shows;
l. travels to recruiting venues;
m. sets up displays, tables, and other promotional material/equipment;
n. responds to all prospective stakeholders in a positive and knowledgeable manner in regard to college programs, courses, services, policy, and education;
o. sets up and uses portable computer, projector, and other audio-visual equipment, as well as troubleshoots for on-site technical difficulties related to making multimedia presentations;
p. coordinates administrators, faculty or staff presentations and/or participates in the above mentioned events;
q. coordinates student visitation events to Douglas College;
r. participates in ceremony presentations if required;
s. organizes delivery of phoning campaigns to applied and registered students.
2. Supervises the work of the Student Assistant and Co-op Student positions, including:
a. identifies, interviews and hires Student Assistant and Co-Op positions under the direction of the Supervisor and the Manager;
b. designs and implements appropriate training experiences, and acts as a professional mentor to student employees;
c. coordinates the scheduling and daily operations of this group; including monitoring absences and providing time sheet approval;
d. supervises work performance, and conducts periodic performance evaluations, as well as exit interviews.
3. Supports the Associate Student Recruiter Advisor in their supervision of the Student Ambassador volunteer group including training, coordination of daily operations, communications and performance.
4. Provides onsite supervision for College events that involve student activities.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
1. A minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related field from a recognized post-secondary educational institution plus two years' related work experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
2. A working knowledge of the B.C. post-secondary education system, including admission requirements and programs, graduation, partnerships, and articulated agreements with a clear emphasis on Douglas College.
3. Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills including written and verbal fluency in the English language.
4. A working knowledge of training and/or job requirements for a wide range of academic, vocational and technical careers.
5. General knowledge of financial services and processes including entrance scholarships and Canada & BC Student Loan application processes.
6. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity working with Microsoft Office on Mac platforms, and with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM system (or similar system)would be an asset.
7. A demonstrated ability to execute student recruiting strategies, including:
o speak effectively to small and large groups in both informal and formal settings.
o effectively interview both prospective and existing students in order to identify what is needed in order to help them achieve their educational and vocational objectives.
o interact effectively and tactfully with people of various backgrounds and cultures, including students, college employees and the broader community.
o develop, establish and maintain good working relationships.
o work as an effective team member.
o critically analyze, reason, and problem solve.
o plan, coordinate and organize work in order to meet deadlines.
o work independently with minimal supervision.
o train and mentor others, as well as design training programs.
o exercise sound judgment and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
o physically lift and carry related promotional materials/equipment that weigh between 20-30 kilograms.
8. Demonstrated ability to plan and produce a wide range of recruiting and retention events, including design, marketing, volunteer management, event supervision and evaluation.
9. Demonstrated ability to manage and grow an experiential student leadership program, including member recruitment, training, resource development team building, communications, event planning and evaluation.
10. Experience in providing supervision in a work environment, or a demonstrated understanding of effective supervisory practices.
11. Demonstrated ability to build and foster a student staff team.
12. Demonstrated ability to assess student staff performance, organize and provide the required training.
13. A valid B.C. driver's license and access to the use of a motor vehicle is
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Open Date 11/26/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. Qualified internal applicants shall be given first consideration in filling this position. ALL INTERNAL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY DECEMBER 3, 2020.
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/6748
Administrative Operations and Logistics