Position Title Student Assistant - Student Recruitment Supporter Posting Number 01238SA Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level SA - Pay Level I Salary Range $15.50/hour Position Type Student Assistant Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Temporary Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Student Assistants Start Date 09/07/2021 End Date Day of the Week Other Shift N/A Work Arrangements
The position is located at the Coquitlam/New Westminster Campus. Hours of work: up to a maximum of 20 hours/week. The work terms for this position are:
1. Fall 2021: September 7, 2021 - December 18, 2021
2. Winter 2022: January 4, 2022 - April 27, 2022
3. Summer 2022: May 9, 2022 - August 20, 2022
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The FSO Student Assistant responds to day-to-day inquiries and questions from prospective students and their guests. Additionally, the FSO Student Assistant provides information about the campuses, assists with recruitment, events, and supports day-to-day operations of the Student Ambassador program.Responsibilities
1. Acts as a welcome and information provider to Douglas College visitors by:
a. Responding to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries related to the Future Students' Office's events and services.
b. Providing prospective students, the public, and college community members general college information.
c. Assisting prospective students by identifying college resources and referring them to the appropriate service area.
d. Maintaining and monitoring appropriate levels of forms, supplies, documents, and brochures within the office.
2. Assists and supports the Future Students' Office with information sessions, high school visits, campus tours and other student recruitment and conversion events and services.
a. Coordinates supplies and facility bookings where needed
3. Supports the operations of the Student Ambassador Program (i.e., daily communication, event planning, professional development and training.)
a. Supporting in recruiting, training and managing student volunteers
b. Tracking students volunteer involvement and distributes perks.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
- Has been involved on campus (e.g.; is in a club or student group, has volunteered or worked as a student assistant).
- Experience as a Campus Tour Leader is an asset.
- Volunteer experience as a Student Ambassador is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Is detail-oriented, organized, responsible, professional and flexible.
- Is comfortable and has the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong knowledge of college resources and supports.
- Has the ability to deal with issues with maturity and thoughtfulness as they arise.
- Has an open mind to cultures, practices, and sexual orientations different from your own.
- Is committed to inclusion and is culturally sensitive to the unique challenges of diverse student groups.
- Flexibility to work on both campuses.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Leadership experience (desired). Domestic students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College throughout the work term; OR
2. The domestic student must have been enrolled in, and maintained, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College in the term immediately preceding the work term and has indicated an intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term; OR
3. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain a minimum of two or more (3 credit) courses at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C. throughout the work termInternational students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The international student is enrolled in full-time studies at Douglas College, throughout the academic year; OR
2. The international student, who is not a Douglas College student, but is an international student at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C., has a valid Study Permit that has the notation - "May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186 (F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria." Proof of enrollment in full-time studies from the other post-secondary institution is required.
An original copy of a Social Insurance Number ( SIN ) and an original Study Permit are required by law before commencing work at Douglas College.
Qualified Douglas College students meeting the above criteria will be given first preference over students of other qualifying institutions.
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 08/26/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Please include the following:
- Douglas College Student ID number or indicate if you are enrolled in another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C.
- Domestic or International student status
- Being eligible to work please indicate the work terms you are applying for:
1. Fall 2021
2. Winter 2022
3. Summer 2022
- If selected for an interview please bring one of the following:
1. Proof of enrollment for work term from Douglas College OR
2. Proof of enrollment for work term from another post-secondary institution OR
3. Domestic students only: proof of registration for the term immediately preceding the work term and indication of intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/8100