Position Title Student Assistant, Practicum Database & Communications Posting Number 01259SA Location Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level SA - Pay Level I Salary Range $15.50/hour Position Type Student Assistant Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Temporary Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Student Assistants Start Date 09/07/2021 End Date Day of the Week Other Shift See Work Arrangements Work Arrangements
The position is located at the Coquitlam campus. Hours of work: up to a maximum of 20 hours/week. The work terms for this position are:
1. Fall 2021: September 7, 2021 - December 18, 2021
2. Winter 2022: January 4, 2022 - April 27, 2022
3. Summer 2022: May 9, 2022 - August 20, 2022
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Working alongside the Practicum Program Development project lead, the student assistant will be providing substantial assistance in the development a comprehensive practicum site profile database and year-round practicum student and agency communications plan.Responsibilities
Under direction, guidance, and support of the project lead:
•Receive guidance and orientation on the project's scope and purpose •Learn about the specific needs of practicum stakeholders (faculty, students, and community agencies) •Assist in the development of a comprehensive practicum site profile database tailored to program's needs •Research existing practicum/internship/field placement database (IT) programs & advise faculty on recommended program •Meet with faculty and coordinators to collect agency-specific information & collect supplementary information online •Assist in the development of a year-round communications plan for faculty to communicate with practicum agencies and students, including a communications timeline and templates for email correspondence •Attend relevant planning meeting
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
Those students who meet most/all of the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to micro and macro details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Office 365 (Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Ability to learn and take the perspective of multiple stakeholders (faculty, students, and community agencies)
- Work collaboratively with project lead, with the ability to take direction, while working independently
- Conduct and communicate oneself professionally (with access to privileged and private information)
- Preference will be given to a student enrolled in Health Information Management, Office Administration, or Marketing; however, all are encouraged to apply.Domestic students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College throughout the work term; OR
2. The domestic student must have been enrolled in, and maintained, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College in the term immediately preceding the work term and has indicated an intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term; OR
3. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain a minimum of two or more (3 credit) courses at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C. throughout the work termInternational students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The international student is enrolled in full-time studies at Douglas College, throughout the academic year; OR
2. The international student, who is not a Douglas College student, but is an international student at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C., has a valid Study Permit that has the notation - "May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186 (F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria." Proof of enrollment in full-time studies from the other post-secondary institution is required.
An original copy of a Social Insurance Number ( SIN ) and an original Study Permit are required by law before commencing work at Douglas College.
Qualified Douglas College students meeting the above criteria will be given first preference over students of other qualifying institutions.
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 09/14/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Please include the following:
- Douglas College Student ID number or indicate if you are enrolled in another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C.
- Domestic or International student status
- Being eligible to work please indicate the work terms you are applying for:
1. Fall 2021
2. Winter 2022
3. Summer 2022
- If selected for an interview please bring one of the following:
1. Proof of enrollment for work term from Douglas College OR
2. Proof of enrollment for work term from another post-secondary institution OR
3. Domestic students only: proof of registration for the term immediately preceding the work term and indication of intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/8178