Structural Steel & Misc. Metal Detailer: Harvey 2557
As a Steel Detailer you are expected to work as a member of the company team.
You will use customer construction drawings to generate both detailed shop fabrication and field erection drawings.
The Detailer will work alongside the Project Managers by providing problem solving and value engineering solutions.
You could multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Review and interpret structural and architectural plans from the customer to provide detailed shop and erection drawings.
- Use Tekla and/or AutoCAD to develop layout, drawings, and designs that meet expectations and specifications.
- Consult with the Project Management team as to the ‘constructability’ of the items.
- Capable of performing field measurements and/or scans as required.
- Proper file maintenance on all assigned projects
- Reviewing detailed shop drawings for missing details, approval comments, and value engineering
- Confirming project changes and logging them
- Providing administrative support as needed
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately.
- Be willing to perform other duties as required
- Hiring from within Canada and at the very minimum, must be a Permanent Resident of Canada and hold a valid BC Driver’s License
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the steel industry in a detailing role, with experience detailing miscellaneous metals preferred.
- High level of knowledge of industry standard detailing practices
- Successful completion of steel detailing training; preferred structural detailing certificate.
- Structural Steel ‘Connection Design’ experience is a benefit.
- High proficiency in Imperial & Metric applications
- Proficiency with TEKLA Structures, AutoCAD, and Advance Steel software is an asset.
- Experience using software, such Bluebeam, Procore, MS 365 [Word, Excel, and Outlook], etc. is required.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team and meet tight deadlines.
- Previous experience using Trimble Scanning Equipment and Cloud Engine would be an asset.
This is a fulltime position.
Salary of $31.25 to 35.10 per hour, with a minimum 5 years working experience.
Benefits package after 3 months.
#81 - Wealthsimple - Developing an Engineering Career in FinTech
About MountainCrest Personnel Inc.
MountainCrest Personnel Inc. is a contract placement agency that specializes in engineering and manufacturing for contract, contract to full-time or full time placements.Read More