Structural Steel Fabrication Shop Foreman: Harvey 1967
We require immediately, a Structural Steel Fabrication Shop Foreman, who has 3 years plus of working experience as a Foreman, and able to run our manufacturing shop located in Delta, B.C. This position reports directly to the President, and plays a key role in meeting the company’s customer service and profit objectives, through meeting fabrication deadlines, meeting or improving on budgeted job fabrication hours, and ensuring 0 defect in jobs quality.
Job Duties involve:
· Ensuring safe and efficient function of the shop
· Supervises shop employees
· Hands on assistance in fabrication of ongoing projects as needed
· Develop, train and coach shop staff
· Conduct performance reviews and evaluations
· Complete daily schedule, station assignments, training, vacation scheduling, breaks and assignments of overtime
· Maintaining time and attendance for shop staff
· Coordinate new job start-ups and scheduling projections
· Responsible for all quality control, texting, and necessary adjustments
· Ensure clean and organized work areas
· Complete all required paperwork
· Inventory and maintain all production materials and supplies
· Maintain and/or service all shop equipment
· Proactive communication with all depts. To ensure job flow and quality
· Hands-on, verifiable knowledge with 10 years of previous working experience in fabricating structural and miscellaneous steel, including structural beams, columns, stairs, handrails, guard rails, ladders and gates
· Ability to read and interpret X Steel drawings and blueprints
· Knowledge of welding codes, specifications and standards
· Layout, fit, tack, weld and grind all fabrications
· Set-up and operate all shop equipment
· Ability to coach, train and motivate fabrication staff
· Current welding certificates
· Valid driver’s license
· Drug free (ability to pass a drug test)
· Basic computer skills
· Able to lift up to 75lbs.
· Able to stand for long periods of time
This is a fulltime position
Salary of $70,000 -$90,000 depending on experience.
Plus benefits package & possible Bonus on Performance.
Connect with employer:
About MountainCrest Personnel Inc.
MountainCrest Personnel Inc. is a contract placement agency that specializes in engineering and manufacturing for contract, contract to full-time or full time placements.