Structural Steel Estimator
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Estimator will function as a contributing member of the team and be responsible for all activities carried out and assigned to the Estimating department.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to;
• Maintain the Estimating Job List schedule and times of all tender requests.
• Decision making with the Sales Manager to determine to quote on tender invitations.
• Supply support and technical advice (training) to junior estimator/s.
• Complete review of all quotations for correct detailing, material & sizes, labour, pricing and trucking (as per summary sheet).
• View all RFI questions by the estimator prior to being sent out and use in house staff for assistance if possible to answer questions.
• Full responsibility to give praise and/or discipline to the estimator.
• Positive Hit rate of 30% of all quotations and to assist in achieving or exceeding the yearly financial revenue target established annually by Senior Management.
• Time management for estimating tenders, changes and proposals to ensure quality take offs with in a set time frame.
• Research material outside labour (rolling, cleaning/priming, forming etc.) for the best pricing and quality workman ship.
• Ability to read and interpret technical documents related to structural steel construction projects.
• Analysis of job/bid instructions and detailed specifications as they relate to estimating.
• Identifying essential missing data for estimating purposes and liaising with estimating team
• Preparing pricing, material and/or resource estimates on potential new projects.
• Preparing additional pricing, material and/or resource estimates required for change requests.
• Use of pricing standards guidelines provided by management team in tender estimations.
• Include in estimates all cost factors such as material, labour (shop & field), overhead, equipment etc.
• Exercise good judgment, experience in researching and using data that goes into estimation.
• Work with other units to obtain data and/or substantiate estimating assumptions.
• Doing all that is needed to arrive at full cost estimates as basis for quotation/proposals.
• Cooperate fully with other staff to analyze and minimize estimate vs. actual variations.
• Being at ease with the use of common estimating software (Microsoft Office Pro 2003) and applications
• Responding to various management queries (i.e. what-if scenarios) with speed and accuracy.
• Maintaining estimating records of all successful and unsuccessful quotations.
• Maintenance, development and updating forms and templates relating to estimating.
• Assisting in building and maintaining a progressive level of estimating capacity
• Implementing upgrading and improvement quotations in estimating.
• Must have full understanding of the CISC Code Of Standard Practice for structural steel.
• Must be familiar with the B.C. Building Code and apply where applicable.
We thank all candidates for their application however only those shortlisted will be contacted due to high volume of applications.
NB* Only those legally eligible to work in Canada may apply; those with Permanent Residence, Work Permit or Citizenship
Connect with employer:
About Chorius Executive Search
CHORIUS is a Vancouver BC based Executive Search & Management Consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the small, mid-sized and large businesses.
We assist Executives to make distinctive...