Structural Steel and Misc./Metal Project Coordinator: Harvey 2426
We are a structural steel and miscellaneous metal fabrication company, who is currently looking for a Junior Project Coordinator, with the following working experience.
- This position is open to all applicants with current experience in project coordination and some project management.
- This position reports back to the Project Manager
Project Coordinator(s) will assist our Project Managers in organizing & running ongoing projects.
This task involves monitoring & tracking of:
- Project plans, shop drawings, correspondence, schedules, work hours, budgets, etc...
Involves assisting or taking the lead on:
- material & specialty product purchasing
- arranging trucking/cartage
- project file organization, participating in meetings, and submitting/tracking shop drawings, RFI’s, CO’s, etc… in a timely manner.
- To be successful as a Project Coordinator, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines and be a good multitasker.
You should be competent in utilizing various steel detailing software, like;
- BLUEBEAM; Microsoft Office applications [such as Word & Excel], and Project Management software Procore, etc…
- Have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, etc…
- Reviewing detailed shop drawings for missing details, approval comments, value engineering, etc…
- Purchasing steel material, bolts, special orders, etc…
- Confirming project changes and logging them.
- Collection & submission of Project Close-out documentation [QA, Mill Certs, Leeds, Warranty, L.O.A., etc…]
- Attending and participating in stakeholder meetings, as necessary, and documenting and following up on actions and decisions from those meetings.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Assist in developing project strategies in collaboration with Project Manager(s).
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately.
- Assess project risks and issues and suggest solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Minimum of Three years’ working experience in the field of ‘STEEL’.
- High proficiency in Imperial & Metric denominations / conversion / application.
- Excellent Computer skills, including competency in Microsoft applications Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge in file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Experience with & understanding of Steel Detailing is a definite PLUS.
- Experience with steel detailing software;
- AutoCAD, Bluebeam is a definite Plus.
- Experience in using Project Management software such as Procore, etc… is a definite Plus.
This is a fulltime position
Salary of $60 to 70K per year, depending on current experience
Benefits package is available after 3 months
Manufacturing and Production