Our client, an employee owned manufacturing and general contractor is seeking a Structural Engineer P.Eng to join their thriving team.
Reporting to the VP, this position will be tasked specifically to lead the advancement of residential and commercial design, and the various associated market sectors it supports. You will help with estimating project costs; carry out complex analysis and calculations; review designs and drawings; perform structural assessments, and carry out field reviews. You will supervise and coordinate the design tasks and the work of other engineers and drafting team to ensure projects are completed within allotted schedules and budgets, and to high-quality standards.
- Perform structural analysis and design for a variety of municipal, residential, commercial, and industrial projects, including existing buildings and structures.
- Complete structural calculations and prepare and edit structural specifications.
- Conduct seismic assessments and upgrades of existing buildings and structures.
- Assist and provide input in preparing fee proposals for structural related aspects of a project.
- Coordinate and guide technical staff in preparation of contract drawings and documents and other work tasks.
- Coordinate structural designs and documents with other disciplines
- Provide structural engineering support during construction, attend site meetings, and carry out field reviews.
- Interact with clients.
- Participate in the development of quality production and service standards and liaise with other office locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Structural / Civil Engineering with emphasis on Structural Analysis and Design.
- Registered Professional Engineer with APEGBC.
- 5-10 years relevant experience in Canada.
- Knowledge of North American building design codes and standards, including seismic design and detailing requirements.
- Proficient in structural engineering design software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and team player.
- A valid driver's license.
Engineering Manufacturing and Production Management and Executive