is currently seeking a dynamic and innovative, Early Career Engineer (EIT) to join our Structural Engineering Group, located at our Vancouver office. Reporting to a Senior Engineer, Special Projects, this position will be responsible for working with a multi-disciplinary team to take innovative design solutions from proposal stage through to constructed projects for clients in a wide variety of Sectors, and generate project efficiency through workflow refinement.A day in the Life...
We'd love to hear from you if you have....
- Role will be biased towards to development of innovative and elegant solutions for heritage structures, existing buildings and the rapidly expanding sector relating to upgrades and extensions to structures
- Act like a detective to investigate a diverse range of
- High focus on ability to develop creative solutions in complex environments in response to unexpected site and project challenges at short notice and in collaboration with the project team.
- Perform engineering calculations and assessments for wood, steel, concrete and masonry structures, under the supervision of Senior Engineers
- Have fun developing innovative and elegant solutions for new and existing structures
- Perform calculations using latest design software and advanced finite element modelling underpinned by a sound understanding of basic principles.
- Advance the notion of computational design and design automation using both industry and in house developed tools
- Work to streamline project workflows where it makes sense
- Respond to client requests
- Write technical reports from time to time
- Support preparation of detail drawings, sections and standard details, and ensure quality delivery
- Conduct field reviews, inspections, and condition assessments, as required
- Occasional travel within Canada on occasion for site assessments and site support
- Other duties as assigned/required
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Structural Engineering
- Knowledge of both the BCBC and NBC, as well as other applicable codes and standards. Strong seismic design capabilities and knowledge
- 1-3 years' experience in Structural Engineering
- Strength in some of the following software - ETABS, SAFE, SAP2000, RAM and/or Robot
- Computational design skills or interest, with knowledge/interest in programming languages and digital tools an advantage.
- Relevant design experience
- Display a value-adding attitude through dynamic, innovative and disruptive thinking within a solution driven environment.
- Pro-active, energetic, highly responsive and client centric
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and technical writing skills
- Creative and innovative - prepared to put out of the box ideas forward
- Comfortable with failure in a supportive environment
- Listen respectfully, and consider the thoughts of others
- Comfortable to speak your mind and voice opinions in a constructive manner
- A proactive problem solver who takes initiative
- Prepared to challenge the status quo and promote the unconventional
- Drive and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Curious about everything we do
- Passionate about our art, and has fun
Expected Salary (all locations): $53,900 - $91,700
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.