The Strategy Manager role is responsible for collaborating with Business Resource Management (BRM) team members to identify continuous improvement opportunities, and support the development opportunities through analytics and business case development.
In this role, the successful candidate will be involved in the development and presenting operational reporting to support the evolution of BRM. The successful candidate will frequently interact with team members at all levels (frontline to executives) to gain cooperation and provide direction that is aligned to NBD's strategic initiatives. It is essential to develop strong relationships with both upstream and downstream partners to identify areas of concern and potential opportunities.
A key focus for the role will be to drive customer experience while discovering cost efficiencies across over 300 NBD field resources, resource planning and dispatch activities.Responsibilities:
• Support business case development by gathering information and creating operational reports
• Adhoc analysis to support operational challenges and opportunities
• Provide insight through data analysis on the forward looking Supply & Demand resource forecast models for National Business Delivery
• Perform statistical analysis and identify demand pattern changes associated to growth, trends and seasonality
• Ability to develop highly effective relationships at all levels
• Ability to present strategic and operational information to senior level and frontline management
• Develop and execute on cost reduction programs while driving customer experience (L2R) in field delivery and planning Qualifications: Required Knowledge:
• Solid knowledge of TELUS wireline and/or wireless products and supporting fulfillment processes
• Knowledge of Strategic Planning, Tactical Planning, Deployment Methodology and Field Operations
• Process improvement and root cause analysis knowledge
• Ability to create, analyze and interpret data reports to generate innovative and unconventional ideas and present to senior leadership
• Strong influencing and negotiations skills, demonstrating ability to secure co-operation and commitment from peers and stakeholders across different departments and divisions
• Intermediate to advanced level mathematical analysis skills Required Skills & Abilities:
• Minimum of an intermediate (or better) knowledge of SQL
• Previous experience in developing and presenting business cases
• Previous experience developing reporting in Tableau
• Previous experience of spreadsheets (MS Excel)
• Background in statistics and Design of Experimental (DOE) approach
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills; ability to interpret data and generate innovative and unconventional solutions
• Proven ability to structure, manage and implement improvement initiatives to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, perform analysis and structure findings/recommendations for a senior audience
• Advanced Organizational and time management skills
• Excellent analytical, verbal, written communication and presentation/facilitation skills
• Demonstration of sound judgment and decisiveness
• Professional demeanor and confident leadership style; able to interact effectively with individuals across all levels of TELUS Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• University degree in a related field, such as mathematics; MBA an asset Required Experience:
• 3-5 years in a comparable role Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values
and delivering on our Customers First commitments
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: December 10, 2016
Closes:January 15, 2017