Strategic Initiatives Business Analyst – Builddirect
We are looking for an analytical, strategic, driven, and well-rounded business professional who takes pride in producing top quality work and who enjoys collaborating with a variety of people across all departments of a matrixed organization
This position will drive the development and implementation of strategies that span product delivery/pricing and overall convenience to customers based on insights from internal/external data, competition and industry/customer experience trends. She/He will act as an internal consultant to the Executive team helping the company focus on improving profitability and increasing efficiency across the organization through strategic projects, process improvement, management decision support and other cross functional initiatives. Part of this role will demand a “chief of staff” mentality, requiring the individual to influence peers and superiors, while driving key deliverables across various teams.What You’ll Do:
Insights and Strategy
- Conduct customer/competitive/market intelligence research and analysis, consumer trends/demand and emerging approaches to customer experience.
- Run product/category analyses to identify and recommend innovative options to drive business strategy
- Measure the impact of a variety of merchandise or marketing initiatives, summarize results and advise on strategies to improve performance
- Deliver monthly and quarterly insights and analytics for reports, based on multiple data sources such as customer journey data, google analytics etc.
- Integrate Customer Insights into key company initiatives, like annual business planning, along with analytical projects using internal transactional data and external industry data to inform BuildDirect strategy across various customer segments.
- Generate ideas to enhance customer experience/retention and growth based on insights, resourceful experimentation. These may have an impact on (but not limited to) loyalty programs, value proposition, enhanced accessories experience etc.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow our 3rd party ecosystem in conjunction with cross functional teams
- Develop a framework that informs our selection strategy and ensures BuildDirect is always at the forefront of knowing and delivering on carrying selection that our customers care about
Pricing Strategy and Analytics
- Track and report on the key business metrics required to manage the business and measure effectiveness of functional teams.
- Setup processes and frameworks to monitor competitor prices across and provide competitive review with recommendations quarterly
- Assist with development and oversee implementation of strategic pricing initiatives and marketing strategies designed to grow margins
Margin and process improvement initiatives
What You Need to Know:
- Lead margin improvement initiatives for Marketplace and Ops team – cross functional process improvement projects
- Identify opportunities based on the data in conjunction with business users
- Provides recommendations to senior leaders on business decisions based on deep dive into data analysis. Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Act as a key liaison (Quasi- Product Manager) for seller technology for product development and enhancements and provide support to sellers to prioritize and resolve critical issues.
What You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, MBA or a related field or relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and creating financial projections
- Must possess exceptional analytical and organizational skills along with a meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in SQL, Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI, Qliksense etc. is beneficial
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to tailor content to a specific audience
- Ability to generate new and unique ideas that can inspire the organization, customers and end-users
- Analytical mindset and ability to synthesize large datasets and create insights for different type of audience
- Self-starter and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong desire to work within a close-knit team oriented environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High level of trust and a commitment to doing what you say you are going to do
- An obsession for delighting customers
- A passionate drive to deliver results and constantly raise the bar
- An entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and challenges with enthusiasm
- Ability and desire to be scrappy, move fast and operate effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Innate motivation to learn and continuously develop yourself
- High degree of empathy and the ability to see other’s perspective
- Commitment to fearless communication
Founded in 1999, BuildDirect is the innovative marketplace for purchasing and selling quality home improvement & flooring materials online. BuildDirect co-founders wanted to simplify the home improvement industry and give the power of choice back to the homeowner and home improvement professional. They wanted to provide those seeking to build or improve homes with an online marketplace to access the flooring products they want, at the prices they’d love, delivered on time directly to their doorstep.
And today we do just that.
Servicing North America, BuildDirect connects homeowners and home improvement professionals with sellers around the world, creating a much simpler and trusted shopping experience. The platform offers Pro’s and Homeowners the ability to purchase various volumes of flooring products direct from Sellers. This keeps costs low, often up to half the price found at big box stores or specialty retailers, and provides efficient direct-to-home (or jobsite) shipping of those products. BuildDirect Perks
- Office located in the heart of the growing tech area of downtown Vancouver, with 360-degree views of the city, easy access to public transit, near 100’s of restaurants & bars, and onsite ping pong
- Weekly fresh fruit deliveries and unlimited fresh coffee & tea
- Newly renovated onsite gym, lockers, and bike storage
- Unlimited vacation
- Employee stock options
- Extended health benefits (i.e., naturopath, massage therapy, acupuncture)
- Annual learning benefit
- Regular company-wide & team events
- A culture of talented people, that like to have fun!
Operations and Logistics