Strategic Account Manager
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
This role has been posted in locations where we have a Rogers corporate site. We encourage qualified candidates from across the country to apply who can reasonably commute to one of these locations.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Strategic Account Manager, IoT Reseller
This position is responsible for growing revenue within the IoT segment through aggressive new logo sales activity while also growing and protecting the base of existing accounts.By being an IoT industry expert and partnering with existing accounts and account managers, the Strategic Account Manager
will drive new revenue growth for Rogers' from new and existing resell customers. This will require each Strategic Account Manager to develop unique innovative strategic plans, superior customer service and significant prospecting within assigned regions in Western Canada.What you will be doing:
What you will bring:
- Actively partner with regional account managers (Direct) to educate, promote and sell resell solutions within the region.Be the SME for the team and partner with reps to help close largest deals.
- Help direct account targeting activities for account managers (Direct) to hunt IoT resell opportunities within their accounts.
- Cold-call new IoT logo customers within the region for Rogers and manage a large base of reseller accounts.
- Primary client relationships manger; Marshals Rogers's resources across sales efforts.
- Comfortable working with, and presenting to, C-Level executives and senior leaders
- Deliver on annual new logo TCV quotas while actively maintaining and growing the base revenue
- Capable of having business development conversations about client needs and leveraging technical engineers for more complex sales opportunities when needed.
- Collaborate on the development of our future businessmodels and product enhancements with counterparts across the organization.
- Acquire knowledge of evolving IoT trends and be the subject matter expert in the field of IoT.
- Use innovative selling techniques and IoT product knowledge, to help grow business within the existing base of accounts and by generating new revenue streams from net new opportunities.
- Develop account and relationship management strategies in order to gain "insider status" to protect the account from any competitive activity.
- Own and troubleshoot customer problems and provide solutions by working with key internal contacts to maintain integrity of business.
- Travel is required to support the assigned accounts and to cold call industry verticals at industry conferences and shows. This travel requirement can vary from position to position within the IoT team.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- 10 to 15 years salesexperience in Enterprise sales
- University degree or equivalent expertise
- Experienced in dealing with C-Level executives in both large and medium sized corporations
- Strong background in consultative solution selling to senior executives
- Experience working with customized sales solutions, and track record of innovation
- Strong Business Acumen
- Solution focused
- Strategic thought process
- Seasoned Communicator
- Technology Driven (understand market trends)
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Proven aptitude for implementing sales strategies
- Ability to self-motivateto meet objective
- Positive Team member and contributor
- Proven funnel management experience
- Experienced presenter
- Experience in data solutions selling and strategy
- Proficiency in the use of PowerPoint & Excel
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 4710 Kingsway, Suite 1600 (157), Burnaby, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Sales & Account Support
Requisition ID: 253866
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Corporate
Burnaby, BC, CA Vancouver, BC, CA Calgary, AB, CA Winnipeg, MB, CA Edmonton, AB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Account Manager, Relationship Manager, Manager, Sales, Strategy, Customer Service, Management
Accounting Management and Executive