Overview: For more than 30 years Sage has assisted small and midsized businesses with a wide range of business management applications and services. Currently we support 3 million customers in the U.S. and Canada. Our sole focus is to provide business management software and services to small and midsized businesses (SMBs). Our applications cover a full range of business requirements including accounting, customer relationship management, contact management, human resources, warehouse management, healthcare solutions, specialized industry needs, and many others.
Sage X3 ERP offers first-class integrated functionality in the areas of finance, sales, CRM, inventory management, purchasing, and manufacturing, while remaining affordable, quick to implement, and simple for users. Sage ERP X3 is a multi-audit system available in 8 languages and legislations, and it is supported by Sage and its business partners across 35 countries.
If you are a quick learner and easily adaptable and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, if you are a strong team player who is collaborative and a creative thinker, if you are driven to succeed, results oriented and a consistent high performer, if you have a positive attitude, a passion that is infectious, a high energy level and if you are very resourceful, you may be the perfect fit for Sage! Sage offers an excellent benefits package, an awesome work environment and opportunities to learn, grow and advance in your career!
Responsibilities: A Strategic Account Manager is responsible for selling the Sage X3 ERP software products and services to tier 1 and tier 2 mid-market and enterprise level accounts.
The Strategic Account Manager drives sales revenue by building a relationship with key players in their accounts; penetrating the account at all levels and all subsidiaries; becoming a trusted advisor on Sage products and solutions to meet the needs of their accounts; and maintaining an on-going account strategy for selling Sage products.
The Strategic Account Manager will be an asset to their accounts by helping to streamline their business software strategy. The SAM stays in total engagement with the account during the sales cycle while bringing in additional necessary resources from the Sales, Product, Professional Services, or strategic Business Partner.
The position requires significant time working closely with product and professional services, as well as time in face-to-face client and prospect calls.
- 7-10 years experience in direct sales - preferrably B2B software.
- Must have experience in a quota-carrying role and have proven success of meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
- Must have experience selling in the mid-market, preferrably in manufacturing, distribution and financial services.
- Must possess a strong business acumen to include understanding of operational functions within a business, sales cycle management, marketing and P&L.
- Knowledge of ERP software is required, preferably in the mid market.
- Proficient in MS Office Products (emphasis on Excel) and Webex.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, verbal communication, listening and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities and changing priorities.
- Must have a strong boardroom presence and the ability to present to C-level executives and decision makers.
- Extensive travel - 50% on average - throughout the Canada will be required.