Overview: Sage is a world-leading supplier of accounting and business management software to start-up, small, and midsized businesses. Our purpose is to help our customers run their businesses more effectively-helping them gain greater insight into their business activities and providing them with lasting benefits by automating their business processes. Our applications cover a wide range of business requirements, including accounting, customer relationship management, contact management, human resources, warehouse management, and specialized products for specific industries.
Under our Customer for Life mantra the Strategic Account Manager - Migrations
(SAM) is responsible for working with our customers as they scale up and grow to ensure they are right-sized on the most appropriate Sage Business Management Solution.
The SAM drives sales engagements from start to finish and leverages necessary resources from our Sales, Product and Professional Services teams, or with strategic Business Partners. The position requires significant time working closely with product and professional services, as well as time in face-to-face client and prospect calls. The ideal candidate for this role will be a skilled consultative salesperson adept with operating in a highly matrixed environment.
- Drives sales revenue by building a relationship with key players in their accounts; penetrating the account at all levels and all subsidiaries. Becomes a trusted advisor on Sage products/solutions to meet the needs of their accounts; and maintains an on-going account strategy for selling Sage products.
- Stays in complete engagement with the account during the sales cycle while bringing in additional necessary resources from the Sales, Product, Professional Services, or strategic Business Partner.
- Works with Regional Managers and Partner's to identify large migration opportunities and then co-sell with the Partners.
- Develops a deep understanding of the product offerings, customer needs and competitive landscape and value proposition of the Sage Product Portfolio
- Manages the entire sales life cycle of transactions to ensure visibility into and predictability of the lead-to-close process including forecasting and pipeline management.
- Protect company proprietary and confidential information
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 5-7+ years of successful, quota carrying, sales experience required. Field sales experience required and ability to execute on business plan.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of leading sales opportunities and a strong understanding of selling both directly and in conjunction with a multi-tier distribution strategy through Partners.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills and an unwavering commitment to integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to excel within a cross-functional team environment to accurately manage and forecast sales activity.
- Self-starter and strong closer with multitasking ability.
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills and a strong understanding of customer requirements
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Ability to travel as required