The Stores & Distribution Supervisor is in charge and oversees the day to day operations of the assigned materials management services for a multi-site operation, supervises designated staff and utilizes computerized applications and performs receiving, stores and distribution activities. Maintains and produces an inventory of forms. Sorts and distributes incoming mail and affixes postage to outgoing mail. Operates a two-axle vehicle and a variety of powered equipment and carts.What you'll do
What you bring
- Oversees and provides day to day direction and administration for the assigned materials management services.
- Directs, supports, supervises and evaluates designated staff. Determines related training and orientation requirements and provides input into annual performance reviews, reporting significant performance issues. Calls in staff to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- Prepares and distributes staff work schedules, ensuring the most efficient use of staffing resources. Responsible for the submission of payroll data for designated staff in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Participates by making recommendations in the selection and evaluation and providing orientation and training of staff as required. Communicates policies, programs and procedures through meetings, by written form, and by providing verbal direction. Investigates and problem solves employee issues in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement and policies and procedures, referring contentious and disciplinary issues to the Coordinator.
- Organizes and prioritizes requisitions from several sites and departments, maintaining related records by completing paperwork and keying data for recording inventory supply levels, requisitions and pick lists, including data entry into a computerized system.
- Receives goods and materials. Unpacks and checks packing slips against orders and goods and materials received, ensuring same are in the condition as shipped and in accordance with order specifications.
- Maintains new master forms catalogues, issuing new forms and deleting obsolete forms. Ensures that forms inventory is maintained. Produces required forms using photocopier or printer, and provides departments and offices with forms as required. Maintains related records.
- Sorts all incoming mail for distribution and affixes proper postage to all outgoing mail for scheduled pickups. Maintains related records. Performs a variety of clerical duties, such as filing, photocopying and answering phone.
- Maintains receiving and shipping records and statistics and prepares periodic reports, as required. Completes paperwork and keys data for computerized inventory records. Resolves routine problems and answers routine inquiries independently, referring more complex or difficult issues as appropriate.
- Attends at various customer sites and departments as required.
- Maintains stores inventory supply records for carts or trolleys and stores shelving by labeling, and adding or deleting data and inventory items in accordance with established guidelines.
12. Places supplies and equipment in loading or temporary storage areas. Assembles loads, loads carts, bins and/or trolleys and transports and ships a variety of goods, supplies and equipment to and from designated areas, sites and departments.
- Identifies and returns damaged or spoiled goods and completes appropriate documentation.
- Carries out quality assurance activities and projects, analyzing and acting upon information received, including collecting and compiling statistical data for research and evaluation purposes and working with the Coordinator to develop outcome measures.
- Advises Coordinator of opportunities for improved efficiencies and ongoing deficiencies in systems, services and resources, recognizing and reporting poor resource utilization. Provides input and recommendations for policy and procedure development and implementation, including recommending changes where appropriate.
- Monitors expenditures and operational requirements for services and equipment, providing input and information and making budget recommendations to the Coordinator.
- Ensures adherence to safe practices and procedures and compliance with Workers' Compensation Board regulations and standards by removing obvious hazards; reporting faulty equipment, accidents, injuries and near misses; and adhering to and enforcing rules regarding safety. Co-operates and collaborates with the Occupational
- Health & Safety Committee ensuring regular workplace inspections, investigation of injuries and related documentation, and participation in fire prevention and disaster plans as required.
- In accordance with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations, delivers, picks up, ships and transports a variety of supplies and equipment by operating a truck and a varied fleet of powered equipment and carts. Completes required documentation.
- Performs a variety of routine inspection and maintenance functions on vehicles and equipment such as securing load, cleaning, checking, lubricating, and topping up fluids. Maintains vehicle documentation, such as a logbook, including recommending repair or replacement as necessary.
- Coordinates inventory activities.
- Grade 12,
- (2) years recent, related experience, including six (6) months in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid Class 5 British Columbia driver's license.
What's in it for you
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Deal effectively with others
- Organize work
- Operate related equipment
- Physically carry out the duties of the position
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Job type Regular Full Time
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage$22.54/ per hour + benefits
Location1475 Edmonton Street, Prince George
Hours/ Days of work1500 to 2300, Monday through Friday
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.