As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Stores & Distribution Attendant utilizes computerized applications and performs stores and distribution activities for a multi-site operation. Operates a two-axle vehicle and a variety of powered equipment and carts. Resolves most problems independently, referring more complex or difficult problems to a supervisor.What you'll do
What you bring
- Organizes and prioritizes internal requisitions from several sites and departments, maintaining related records by completing paperwork and keying data for recording inventory supply levels, internal requisitions and pick lists, including data entry into a computerized system.
- Maintains the cart top-up system by checking cart or trolley supply levels against pre-established minimum/maximum quota levels, entering requisition data into computerized systems to convey when established re-order points are reached, and picking stock from stores inventory supply to replenish carts or trolleys as required.
- Receives, unpacks and checks incoming goods and materials, ensuring same are delivered in accordance with specifications, and completes related paperwork.
- Maintains stores inventory supply records for carts or trolleys and stores shelving by labeling, and adding or deleting data and inventory items as directed and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Marshals supplies and equipment in loading or temporary storage areas. Assembles loads, loads carts, bins and/or trolleys and transports and ships a variety of goods, supplies and equipment to and from designated areas, sites and departments.
- Identifies and returns damaged or spoiled goods to suppliers and completes appropriate documentation.
- In accordance with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations, delivers, picks up, ships and transports a variety of supplies and equipment by operating a truck and a varied fleet of powered equipment and carts. Completes required documentation.
- Performs a variety of routine inspection and maintenance functions on vehicles and equipment such as securing load, cleaning, checking, lubricating, and topping up fluids. Maintains vehicle documentation, such as a logbook, including recommending repair or replacement as necessary.
- Participates in inventory activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
What we bring
- Grade 12, one (1) year recent, related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid Class 5 British Columbia driver's license.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to physically carry out the duties of the position.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
$21.77/hour + benefits (health and dental, sick time, pension and vacation)
1 Hospital Way, Victoria, BC V8Z 6R5
Hours of Work:
129113EWhat we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.