Are you looking for something more than just a job? Are you looking for a community, a partnership, a team, and an opportunity to learn and grow in your career?
As one of world's leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career.The Role:
As a Store Warehouse Lead you will assist the store management team with the day to day operations of the store. You will ensure the organization and cleanliness of the warehouse. You will also unload, stock, and retrieve merchandise in the backroom of the store, ensuring the logistics is up to date. Keeping safety as the number 1 priority, you will supervise, coach, and train all warehouse team members on warehouse processes.
Other duties include:
What this role brings to you:
- Ability to operate pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- Managing the warehouse inventory and control losses, damages and/or thefts
- Communicating merchandise arrival to store team to ensure appropriate turnaround time of stock
- Printing relevant receiving reports to ensure that all are received or sent with no outstanding PO's or transfers.
What you bring to the role:
- Salary: $18-$20 per hour.
- The possibility of being part of a dynamic team and culture
- The opportunity to have a rewarding career with various prospects for career advancement across different functions and teams
- A great benefit package for full-time colleagues (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing colleague discount on all JYSK products
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively prioritize the warehouse with a sense of urgency
- Ability to make decisions related to all aspects of shipping and receiving that supports company guidelines
- Minimum 6 months of relevant warehouse/back-end retail experience
- 1+ Year of retail experience is preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, come join JYSK and experience it for yourself!
JYSK Canada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage all candidates to apply. Our company values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive culture where Colleagues can fully develop and utilize their talents and strengths. We consider all applications based on the position requirements, and we do so without regard to any unrelated factor and/or characteristic. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.Additional Information
A significant output of physical effort is required through lifting, pulling, etc. Placement of merchandise and supplies of varying sizes weighing up to 30 kg without assistance and over 31 kg with team lifting.
Movement of freight by use of power equipment and manual equipment is required.
Use of Ladders is required