Ensure our paramedics have the supplies they need, sanitized equipment and safe vehicles, so our patients get "excellence in health, every time".In this role, you will
- Sanitize and process critical medical equipment
- Restock supplies on vehicles
- Perform and document vehicle checks
- Receive goods
- Maintain stockroom and work areas
- Report to the Manager, Logistics and Projects
As the successful candidate, you will:
What you bring
- Clean and decontaminate vehicles and equipment wearing personal protective equipment
- Deliver and pick up medical equipment, restock stations, post Paramedic Service notices, and courier confidential documents, payroll and other documentation
- Replenish stockroom and advise supervisor of reorders. Remove defective or expired stock from work vehicles and stock room
- Receive, unpack and check incoming inventory; report discrepancies to supervisor
- Remove garbage and soiled linens from ambulances and work areas and perform basic repairs
- Assist with inventory checks, data input of inventory and re-orders into computerized system, Perform other related duties as assigned.
You can also
- Grade 10 and related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- We are looking for individuals that have experience working in sectors such as tourism, retail, and manufacturing. If you have experience working in positions such as a cleaning and stocking attendant, housekeeping, cleaning, driving attendant, maintenance, stocking, replenishment, retail and as a airhostess this is a bonus
- Ability to work 4-11 hours and be on your feet.
- A valid Class 5 vehicle licence.
What's in it for you?
- Communicate and deal effectively with others
- Operate related equipment
- Organize your work
- Carry out the duties, including wearing protective equipment and lifting 40kgs
- Work rotating shifts
- Travel overnight
Working with the Logistics Team you will:
- Be part of a driven and supportive team that is passionate about providing exceptional service.
- Be a valued team member in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Work for an organization that encourages ongoing professional development.
- Enjoy diverse responsibilities.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
What we do
- Status: Casual (Casual is defined as on call with no guaranteed hours. Shifts can be called out via short call (1-5 hours of notice) or pre-booked).
- Location: 8530 Young Rd, Chilliwack, BC V2P 4P1
- Hours: 6:00-14:00 Monday-Friday
- Wage: $24.99/hour +12.6% in lieu
- Closing Date: Open until filled
BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS www.bcehs.ca ) provides provincial ambulance and emergency health services and is supported by the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA.)
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.