STO27 - Senior Authorization Specialist Position Classification
Scientific/Tech Off R27 - Res Union
Castlegar, BC V1N4G7 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nelson, BC V1L5S4 CASalary Range
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually effective April 11/21 Close Date
5/10/2021 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> FLNRO and Rural Development Ministry Branch / Division
South Area/Kootenay Boundary Region Job Summary Senior Authorizations Specialist Scientific Technical Officer 27 This position is also posted as an LSO3 under REQ76017
This position is located in Castlegar or Nelson; however, Revelstoke may be considered based on operational considerations.
An eligibility list may be established.
Amendment - April 27, 2021 - Closing date extended from April 26, 2021to May 3, 2021.
Amendment - April 29, 2021 - Closing date extended from May 3, 2021 to May 10, 2021. A challenging and rewarding opportunity in natural resource management is waiting for you
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development has a mandate to manage specified Crown land and resources in a manner that embraces the economic, environmental and social goals of government. These results are all essential to improving the global competitiveness of BC industry and our ability to attract private investment and to stimulate economic growth and job creation across the province. As the Authorizations Specialist, you will work in a variety of settings and provide professional advice and may make decisions regarding the allocation of resources and adjudication of resource authorizations for the Natural Resource Sector.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-9laHaKyc&feature=youtu.be .
Located in the heart of the Selkirk Mountains, Nelson is home to a large variety of outdoor activities, and its proximity to Whitewater Ski Resort allows for skiers of all levels to test out the Nelson powder. Nelson also hosts events all year long, such as the Cottonwood Farmers Market and the Shambhala Music Festival.
To learn more about these B.C communities you can click on the Hello BC link here!
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Grant.Walton@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you. NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition. Job Requirements: In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experienceas outlined below:
Provisos & Willingness Statements:
- Degree in a natural resource field;OR,
- An equivalent combination of education, trainingand experience may be considered.
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration with the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals (ABCFP) as a Registered Forest Technologist (RFT).
- Minimum three (3) years experience in negotiating and consulting with stakeholders in natural resource management.
- Minimum three (3) years experience (field/office) working in resource management.
- Minimum three (3) supervisory experience including leading, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience working in collaboration with First Nations in resource management.
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience working with authorizations and planning (such as tenures and stewardship).
- Valid B.C. driver's license
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Meet safety standards of WorkSafe BC
- May be required to operate a variety of equipment (including chainsaws, off-road vehicles, etc.).
- Conduct field work which may include travel to remote areas by vehicle, boat, air or foot, overnight or extended stay in rough camp conditions and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service which may include a Criminal records check, and/or Criminal records Review Act (CCRA) check and/or enhanced screening checks as required by the Ministry (Note: It is important that you read the job posting carefully to understand the specific security screening requirements pertaining to the position).
A Criminal Record Check (CRC)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Resume: YES -
A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes. Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire. IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments. Job Category
Natural Resource Sector, Scientific and Technical