STO-RE 27R - Senior Advisor, First Nations Relations - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED
Scientific/Tech Off R27 - Res
Clearwater, BC V0E1N0 CA
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Merritt, BC V1K 1B8 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vernon, BC V1T 9V2 CA
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Thompson Okanagan Region
This position is also posted as an LSO 3Requisition 95454
Amendment January 12, 2023: Posting closing date extended to February 9, 2023.
An eligibility list may be established.
This position can be based in any of the locations listed above subject to operational requirements and space availability.Bring your leadership skills and expertise in First Nation Relations to this rewarding role
The Ministry of Forests
aims to deliver policy and programs to provide economic, cultural, environmental, and social benefit for all British Columbians. Our work supports a sustainable economy in all parts of the province and provides a foundation for true and lasting reconciliation with Indigenous people.The Role:
To examine controversial issues and proposals which have high economic value, high risk for legal challenges, or high political impacts. Issues and proposals are with regard to the use of natural resources on Crown Land and require a determination of the impact on First Nations' identified or potential claimed or proven aboriginal interests. This position carries out consultations and negotiations to address First Nations' concerns while minimizing any negative impacts on provincial revenues. The Senior First Nations Relations Adviso
r provides leadership to processes which endeavor to anticipate and resolve a broad range of concerns and maximize resource development and provincial revenues. Projects are considered to be high risk to Crown revenue and have a high impact on economic development in the region. The position is a recommending authority to Ministry Executive on whether these projects should proceed.Job Requirements:
Related experience must include:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in the resource management field, plus 1 year of related experience; OR
- A diploma in the resource management field plus 3 years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- 1 or more years' experience leading consultations and/or negotiations with First Nations.
- Experience in developing and implementing creative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience leading or supporting consultation, negotiations, developing and/or supporting agreements, preferably with First Nations.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and assignments.
- Experience supervising staff
- 2 or more years' experience leading consultations and/or negotiations with First Nations.
For questions regarding this position, please contact email@example.com
.About this Position:
If you are experienced in the leadership and negotiation skills needed to ensure the interests of British Columbia and First Nations are represented, consider this rewarding career opportunity.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace. The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits, including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR . If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Scientific and Technical