STO-RE 24R - Resource Operations Supervisor
Scientific/Tech Off R24 - Res
Mackenzie, BC V0J 2C0 CA (Primary)
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually (plus $38.87 Bi-weekly Isolation Allowance) (NOTE: for part time please list hourly range)
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Resource Authorizations Supervisor
Scientific Technical Officer R24 - Resource
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary or permanent vacancies.
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .An excellent opportunity to apply your natural resource expertise in beautiful Northern B.C.
Use your leadership skills to supervise a multi-disciplinary team responsible for delivering a broad range of ministry goals. This position is responsible for the supervision, coaching, development and performance management of a team of technical staff in the Mackenzie Natural Resource District. The successful candidate will build and maintain relationships with internal and external interest holders, identify operational priorities, and develop strategies for delivering program goals. Your communication, organization and collaboration skills will be an asset in this diverse and challenging role.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-9laHaKyc&feature=youtu.be .
Located within the Rocky Mountain Trench, Mackenzie provides a large selection of activities like snowmobiling, cross country and downhill skiing, hiking, mountain biking and camping in the summer. Fishing and boating can also be done at the nearby Morfee Lake.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career.Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Dan.Szekely@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree, diploma, certification in a natural resource field.
- Registered, or eligible for registration as a Registered Forest Technologist with the Association of B.C. Forest Professionals. Note: Immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to immediately transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction to the appropriate association.
- Experience in negotiating/mediating solutions in natural resource management.
- Experience supervising, leading, coaching and mentoring staff.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- This position requires you to have a valid FULL BC driver's license (minimum class 5), or an equivalent class driver's license from another province or jurisdiction.
- Meet safety standards of Work Safe BC.
- May be required to operate a variety of equipment.
- Conduct field work which may include travel to remote areas by vehicle, boat, air or foot, overnight or extended stay in rough camp conditions and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Professional Designation: YES
- Please include your registration number in your application. You must be registered (or immediately eligible for registration) as a Forest Technologist (RFT) with the Association of BC Forest Professionals. Note: immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction. Applicants must confirm their eligibility with the ABCFP . Confirmation of registration/eligibility will be required before an offer of employment can be made. Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Scientific and Technical