STO-RE 24R - Authorizations Specialist - AMENDED, CLOSING DATE EXTENDED
Scientific/Tech Off R24 - Res
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA (Primary)
$69,185.43 - $78,814.47 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
South Coast Natural Resource Region/Resource Management
Job Summary A rewarding opportunity in the natural resources is waiting for you
The Ministry of Forests is responsible for the stewardship of provincial Crown land and ensures the sustainable management of forest, wildlife, water and other land-based resources. The Ministry manages these resources in a manner that embraces economic, environmental and social goals of government.
The Authorizations Specialist provides senior technical advice and may make decisions regarding the allocation of resources (e.g., land valuation analysis, water management, forest tenures) and adjudication of resource authorizations for the Natural Resource Sector.Job Requirements:Education and Experience (resumes will be screened on the following minimum essential education andexperience criteria):
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- A Master's degree in a related field* AND a minimum of 2 years of directly related experience,
A Bachelor's degree in a related field* AND a minimum of 3 years of directly related experience.
*Related fields include geology,earth sciences, hydrogeology, physical geography, water resource management, environmental sciences, geological engineering, water resources engineering, environmental engineering, or another degree with a demonstrated focus on one or more of the above-mentioned program areas.
- Experience in interpretingand applying legislation that supports natural resource management.
- Experience in negotiating and resolving conflicts with clients and stakeholders.
Provisos and Willingness Statements:
- Experience working with the Water Sustainability Act.
- Experience in water resource management.
- Experience working with GIS.
- Experienceand/or education in hydrogeology and hydrogeological analysis.
- Experience and/or education in hydrology and hydrologic analysis.
- Experience working in any of the above in British Columbia.
- Willingness to conduct field work which may include travel to remote areas by vehicle, boat, air or foot, overnight or extended stay at rough camp conditions and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Must be physically able to carry equipment and supplies in difficult terrain.
- Mustmeet safety standards of Work Safe BC.
- Valid B.C. driver's licence or the ability to obtain one within 30 days is required.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Michele.Lepitre@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Amendment (January 25, 2023): Amended posting to add permanent position available. Posting closing date extended to February 5, 2023.
Aneligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies. There is currently one permanent position available and one temporary opportunity until November 21, 2023.
This position is also posted as a Licensed Science Officer (Other) 2 via Requisition 95237 .Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover letter required: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Scientific and Technical